Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Bob and Cheryl - Storm Chasers Trip West

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2014 | 09:45 AM
see22ds
Tourer

Excellent Ride Report really enjoyed it.

I am not sure if you make these winter months easier with such great reports to read...or make it longer because now I want to go and Ride today and can't.

Old 01-24-2014 | 03:31 PM
nevada72
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by tater10
Loved reading about your trip. Some day me and the pretty wife will take an extended trip.keep safe.
Thanks Tater! You should do that trip - It will create a lasting memory for you both

Originally Posted by HDmikie
Great trip.....may you have many more!
Thanks for joining along Mikie! Glad you enjoyed it.

Originally Posted by jeffreydsilver
It was a great read, at least breaking up the beginning part of winter here. Thanks!
This is a brutal one! Sat on the bike a couple of weeks ago and summer felt very, very far off at that moment. If I can't do the ride, I'm going to at least day dream (and write) about the ride.

Originally Posted by fastheli
wow what a road trip, great reading.
I'm honored that your first and only post was in response to our ride report. Thank you and welcome!

Originally Posted by strtglde11
Outstanding write up and pics. Loved it. Hate the ride is over.
Thanks! I hear ya man. But, another trip is "in the can". I'm posting it up starting today.

Originally Posted by nibroc
fully enjoyed reading and looking at the pics--thanks so much
Thanks Nibroc!

Originally Posted by LoneBone
I try to do the 2 lanes and the scenic route when possible. Like you, when I'm ready to get home i hit the interstate and crack the throttle.

However, i don't do McDonalds...
Lol - Up until we started doing these rides together 3 years ago, I hadn't eaten at a McDonalds in decades. But, when you're out in the middle of nowhere, it sometimes is the safest bet. It started out as a breakfast only place. But after a while, lunch as well. That said, it sucks.

Originally Posted by see22ds
Excellent Ride Report really enjoyed it.

I am not sure if you make these winter months easier with such great reports to read...or make it longer because now I want to go and Ride today and can't.

Thanks Michael! I get it. When I'm going through the pics it's a great memory. But, it makes me want to get out on that bike! Not happening any time soon. It's 4 degrees with 30 MPH winds. They're calling for a deep freeze. Huh? I though we were already in one!!

Old 01-24-2014 | 04:21 PM
TNCarters
Road Master

Nice report, thanks for taking the time for those of us that don't get out for multi day trips much. Speaking of cold we were 5 degrees in Nashville this morning. No riding until at least Sunday we're supposed to get into the upper 40's.

Old 01-24-2014 | 10:19 PM
TwinCooled
Banned

This global warming thing is awesome ain't it??

Old 01-24-2014 | 11:03 PM
Mcdave
Tourer

Thank you so much for that report. I really enjoyed and NEEDED that. It's been cold for three months already including -40 (-54 wind chills) and about 4ft of snow, so your report really warmed me up. I think I can see spring from here, but it's still a long ways down the road. Your report couldn't have come at a better time.
Thanks again.

Old 01-25-2014 | 12:01 PM
jmorganroadglide
Big Kahuna HDF Member

I hesitate to bring it up, but as yet I have not seen Cheryl holding her genuine Louis Vuitton toilet tissue that was appropriated for her in Aspen. Other than that little omission it was another great report from the Nevada72. Very interesting.

Old 01-25-2014 | 02:24 PM
nevada72
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by TNCarters
Nice report, thanks for taking the time for those of us that don't get out for multi day trips much. Speaking of cold we were 5 degrees in Nashville this morning. No riding until at least Sunday we're supposed to get into the upper 40's.
Thanks! Five degrees?? That's nuts. Nashville is making Milwaukee look balmy at 14 degrees!

Originally Posted by TwinCooled
This global warming thing is awesome ain't it??
Yeah.....gimme some of that global warming please.

Originally Posted by Mcdave
Thank you so much for that report. I really enjoyed and NEEDED that. It's been cold for three months already including -40 (-54 wind chills) and about 4ft of snow, so your report really warmed me up. I think I can see spring from here, but it's still a long ways down the road. Your report couldn't have come at a better time.
Thanks again.
You're very welcome Mcdave! That's what it's all about - getting through winter and avoiding the oil and chaps threads!

Originally Posted by jmorganroadglide
I hesitate to bring it up, but as yet I have not seen Cheryl holding her genuine Louis Vuitton toilet tissue that was appropriated for her in Aspen. Other than that little omission it was another great report from the Nevada72. Very interesting.
Now you've gone and backed me into a corner having to explain that I needed to use that tissue at a pullout. Altitude wreaks havoc on my system and the IBS kicked in. That's okay though. I'm going to Chicago soon and I'll stop in at Tiffany's. I'm sure they have a bathroom there to go shopping in.

Old 01-25-2014 | 09:18 PM
06 flstfise
Road Captain

Bob great ride review as all ways. I was trying to stay off the forum this winter to see if it would make winter go by quicker, but this last cold snap broke me. Remember taking the pic at the firehouse, it was a rather warm day how I miss those. Sorry to ramble on just brought back memories of warm days and riding.

Old 01-26-2014 | 11:32 AM
nevada72
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by 06 flstfise
Bob great ride review as all ways. I was trying to stay off the forum this winter to see if it would make winter go by quicker, but this last cold snap broke me. Remember taking the pic at the firehouse, it was a rather warm day how I miss those. Sorry to ramble on just brought back memories of warm days and riding.
Hey Rich-great to hear from you! Thanks for the kind words.

This weather is nuts! More snow in the driveway this morning and more on the way!

Btw - I haven't forgotten about the Airhawk straps. The damn things are hiding on me so I'll grab two new sets from the Chicago Bike show or order them online. PM me your full home address so I can get them to you.

Old 01-26-2014 | 12:48 PM
strtglde11
Advanced

Man, I'm glad to see you back at it. I love to read about your rides. Makes me feel like I'm right behind you on my bike.

Quick Reply: Bob and Cheryl - Storm Chasers Trip West