Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Great Maggie Valley Trip Last Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013 | 09:35 AM
TNCarters
|
Road Master
Default Great Maggie Valley Trip Last Weekend

Went to Maggie Valley for a 4 day trip last weekend with a couple of friends on their Street Glides and had a great time. Had to come in late Friday so took I-40 in from Nashville to arrive about dusk.

Saturday took twisties Hwy 209 up to Hot Springs then back roads Hwy 212 and Hwy 19 to Burnsville then Hwy 80 to BRP down to Mt Mitchell then on down to Maggie Valley.

Sunday rode up to Ashville and visit to Chimney Rock then Hwy 64 to Pisgah Highway 276 and back to Maggie Valley.

Monday trip home Hwy 19 to Cherokee and on down Nantahala Outdoor Center and on to Andrews NC to Cherokee County Cycles(big place). Trip back to Nashville by way of Hwy 74 and Ocoee River through Chattanooga.

1100 miles in 4 days and tiring but very enjoyable. Weather was a bit cool Saturday and Sunday at elevation but warmed nicely on Monday. Had been on US129 and Skyway several times so did not try to get over there. Guys I were with rode to Maggie Valley by way of Maryville and US129 as one of them had not done that but they left much earlier on Friday. All great roads and highly recommended.

Do not know if my Facebook Album will work for others but if so it can be found here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=32aad30a9f

Last edited by TNCarters; 10-17-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Old 10-17-2013 | 09:37 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Any trip to, around and out of Maggie Valley is ALWAYS a good one!

Old 10-18-2013 | 06:49 AM
harlanrider
Tourer

Love the whole Maggie Valley area. Went for a week back in July. Will probably go back next year.

Old 10-18-2013 | 09:20 AM
Bubbag8tr
Cruiser

Love that area to ride and since the parents live in Waynesville, I get up there frequently and it never disappoints.

Old 10-18-2013 | 09:37 AM
Callgood
Tourer

Did you make it to Wheels through Time Museum?
Sounds like ya'll had a great time.

Old 10-18-2013 | 09:48 AM
jerseyjeff62
Road Warrior

thanks for sharing!

Old 10-18-2013 | 10:17 AM
TNCarters
|
Road Master

Did not make it to the museum as we only had a couple of days at Maggie Valley. Museum was open on Sunday which surprised me. Guess that will be on my list for next trip. My UT Knoxville kid is getting ready to start a new school over toward Fayettville NC so may be a road trip in our future.

BTW the leaves are starting to turn up on BRP. Also I was a bit surprised at the number of BMW's up on the roads. We rarely see them around Nashville except a few sport bikes. Had to take the pic of the two antique Indians outside breakfast one morning.

Last edited by TNCarters; 10-18-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Old 10-18-2013 | 10:19 PM
KahunaJim
Tourer

Originally Posted by TNCarters
Did not make it to the museum as we only had a couple of days at Maggie Valley. Museum was open on Sunday which surprised me. Guess that will be on my list for next trip.
Was in Maggie Valley last weekend as well and I always mean to go to the museum but with all the great riding in the area if the weathers nice I hate spending hours inside the museum. Was down there once on Wednesday when it was raining but they're closed on Tuesday and Wednesday. Maybe one day the stars will align and I'll get to see it.

Old 10-18-2013 | 10:58 PM
TwinCooled
Banned

Nice pics, thanks!

Old 10-19-2013 | 12:38 AM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Default stumbled upon wtt museum 10 years ago

My first coast to coast was a "head east and see what you find trip." Thankfully Maggie Valley was something I pretty much stumbled across when I missed a turn. Since I was in no real hurry I stuck around long enough to find the Wheels Through Time museum. Now I don't go within 75 miles of MV without a trip to the museum.

If your lucky, Dale (the owner) might be working on a bike and be in a mood to start a few up. Nothing like hearing and seeing a 100 year old Harley or Indian running. Look at the floor and you'll see the rubber laid down through the corners. Really KEWL place and overall nice guy!

Quick Reply: Great Maggie Valley Trip Last Weekend