Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Dragon Tail

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 12:44 PM
HawgJockey
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dragon Tail

Six of us bucket list checker offers made the best ride of my lifetime to the Dragon Tail in Tennessee an North Carolina last weekend...824 mile trip of sheer bliss...I highly suggest this ride for all to enjoy...The Tail of the Dragon is 318 curves in 11 miles...Heel and peg draggin' excitement...We rode up the mountain, stayed there awhile and then turned onto Hwy. 28 and rode to Maggie Valley, N.C. to the Wheels of Time Motorcycle Museum....You could spend days in there and not see everything...awesome....beautiful ....very scenic...one of the guys took his ole lady with him on her first road trip and we had to pry her off the bike every night, she had a blast. I just love to see a newbie with those twinkles in their eyes and she did a great job of being a passenger up the "Dragon's Tail' I highly recommend this ride in the next few weeks when the leaves are starting to change their colors..

Attached Thumbnails Dragon Tail-img_0272.jpg   Dragon Tail-img_0295.jpg   Dragon Tail-img_0233.jpg   Dragon Tail-img_0320.jpg  

Last edited by HawgJockey; 10-03-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:57 PM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

Yes fun ain-it!!! :-) Great Pics..Thanks...

Old 10-03-2013, 07:55 PM
sidecar
Road Warrior

The wife and I and a fellow bucket list checker and his wife rode the dragon tail last month on the way home from the 110th. it was a great ride we did 6,362 miles, three time zones,and twenty six states in three weeks.it was a great ride and a good time. Life is good when you have good friends to ride with and fun places to go.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:22 PM
Nabubba
Road Master

Always a great ride and glad you took the time to check out Wheels Through Time. And above all thanks for spending some of your hard earned $ in the state of NC (we need all the help we can get.....lol)

Old 10-05-2013, 09:44 AM
Chaz in TN
Road Captain

Agreed! Glad you enjoyed the great state of TN as well...and thanks....we need the $$ too!

Old 10-08-2013, 01:08 AM
Vins
Club Member

Next time you're in the area hit the Cherahola; I found it a much nicer ride than the Dragon's Tail.

Old 10-08-2013, 10:42 AM
Perry um
Tourer
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

It's a great area to ride, a place every rider dreams of. The dragon was our main attraction but we found the other area roads to be just as good.

Old 10-08-2013, 11:24 AM
Sagido
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife and I did a similar trip trip last month. We stayed at Teaberry Hill Campground outside Fontana Dam. Weather was perfect, and attractions not to crowded. Wheels Through Time was very hospitable. Dale & Matt Walksler were on premises to answer any questions, and and started numberous motorcycles. It truly is a museum that runs. Only place we missed due to thick clouds Clingmans Dome. We will be back.

Old 10-08-2013, 12:04 PM
beammeup
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Vins
Next time you're in the area hit the Cherahola; I found it a much nicer ride than the Dragon's Tail.
+1 on the Cherahola. There is a real nice little restaurant at the beginning of it (or end) from the TN side called Kat's Place.

BTW, there is excellent riding right below this area in Georgia around Blood Mountain and through the Chattahoochee National Forest. I'd take 28 down which was a very pleasant ride, btw.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:40 PM
Nabubba
Road Master

There ain't a bad road in that area. I try to take a ride over there at least once a month.

Quick Reply: Dragon Tail