Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Lone Star Rally in Galvaston, TX who's going ..?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 09:13 PM
razors edge
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

we are planing on going. brother in law lives in texas city so room is no problem. first time for us as well looking forward to it. all ways working in the years past.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:23 PM
ultralimited64
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tphillips
I live 1/2 way between Houston and Galveston, so it is easy access. I'll ride down on Thursday night, Friday night, and then hang out for a while on Saturday. Usually off the Island before too late in the evening.

Unfortunately, not much in the way of "main attractions" for the music stages this year.

We live in Baytown, we have friends coming from Louisiana, we will be there. Great Rally easy in and out, nice places to eat, plenty of things to do and see.

Old 10-29-2013, 03:13 PM
tas_todd
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 793 Likes on 386 Posts

me and four more are rolling out Thur. morning heading thay way. My first time at this rally. Gotta a hotel over by the ferry landing somewhere.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:17 PM
Nick1
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wife and I will be there. 3rd year in a row. It's a blast. My dad lives there so bike will be in garage every night. Heading out from central Texas Friday am.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:44 PM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Parking charges apply both on the Seawall and around the Strand all weekend long. In the City Counsel's infinite wisdom, they decided to extract confiscatory fees from anyone who parks in prominant and popular spots -- or pay the $10 for lot parking all weekend long. Towing will be enforced this first year of the electronic metered parking, so beware.

Just warning you before you get surprised by ticket -- or worse, a vacant spot where you left your bike.

Once this weather moves out, it should be great Friday through Sunday! See you down there for sure.

Old 10-30-2013, 01:33 PM
tas_todd
Stellar HDF Member

Is this rally "colors" friendly?

Old 10-30-2013, 07:43 PM
C.H.L.
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by tas_todd
Is this rally "colors" friendly?
It usually is - BUT - Galveston is bandido country

Old 10-30-2013, 08:23 PM
tas_todd
Stellar HDF Member

Thanks for the info C.H.L.

Old 10-31-2013, 01:38 PM
kajunkruzer
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was headed east this morning on I-10 coming back home from Lake Charles and I crossed a ton of bikes headed west. Normally, I would be jealous, but today I felt bad for them as they were all headed straight into all this rain, and the wind was blowing like hell across the interstate. Saw a lot more riders with only a few bikes on trailers, which was a good sight. Hope everyone has a fun, safe weekend. After today, the weather looks great. Wish I could be there.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:13 AM
tas_todd
Stellar HDF Member

Man, I was one of those guys heading West. we got rain from just before Lake Charles ALL the freak'n way to the Galveston ferry. That rain was brutal....I DO NOT like hydroplaining on two wheels! That was the first time that I saw bikes on trailers and thought...."that might not be a bad idea". lol It's all part of it though.

Rally was a blast and the local news estimated anywhere from 315k to 515k people on the island for the rally.

Quick Reply: Lone Star Rally in Galvaston, TX who's going ..?