Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

#DCtoCA in 24 Days, Pic's

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 08:09 AM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

awesome so far!

Old 10-08-2013, 08:18 AM
AflacEmery
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Day 11: Cowboy Campsite, Sunrise, Capitol Reef NP, and Kodachrome, UT

We found a cool little campsite called Cowboy Camp on the side of the road and stayed there, the road was pretty bad, but the view was excellent. We woke up early to watch the sunrise

View of our tent, we pretty much are in the middle of nowhere, this pic captures that

Only bathroom...if you can call it that...Yes most the places we stayed had no bathroom, or showers, or much of anything. But we planned ahead and had water and food with us. We also gave each other showers with a 3L camelback. Not ideal but def. works

Headed out toward Capitol Reef NP, most of the drive was great, Utah has so many cool things to see

Some cool drawings

So we didn't stay very long but enjoyed the scenery, my father-in-law always talked about Kodachrome State Park, named after the Kodak film, so we made that our goal for tonight's destination, headed that way now

We made it, and they still had room in the campground, and they have showers!

Our site, that thing in the background is called a smokestack, there where many in the park

Earlier in the day we stopped at a market and picked up some steaks and corn, kinda the standard camping meal for us on this trip

Day 11 Total: 271 mi.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:29 AM
AflacEmery
Tourer

Day 12: Kodachrome UT, to Bryce Canyon UT

A.M. shower up, pack up, and the search for coffee begins...

The ride over to Bryce N. P.

The park was pretty crowded, so we head to the very top lookout and hangout up there for a bit

Leaving the park it looked to be pretty rainy, and we just happened to hit some

We got to a campsite we had stayed at 3 years ago pretty early, so we took the opportunity to do laundry and watch some show's on Hulu, grill, and drink some PBR's

Still doing it right, pays off to have a cooler with us

Day 12 Total: 107 mi.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:35 AM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by AflacEmery
First of all, thanks!

The best pics are taken with our Canon Rebal T2i, some are GoPro...kinda wide-angle looking ones, and some are with an iPhone.

I think some point and click cameras have the ability to do night shots like these, but I couldn't tell you how much they are. Canon is up to a T5i now, so you might be able to pick up an older model like mine for under 500 bucks. Check Amazon, seems like a lot of money for a camera, but I think it's worth it. There is a learning curve to the higher end camera's. I'm still unsure of all that it can do, but am getting better the more I use it. Def. a fun hobby that works well with riding motorcycles.
I agree about cameras and cycling. I think they pair well. I also think you get what you pay for. I would like to get a GoPro and better camera before next years trips. Thanks again for sharing I look forward to your updates and I am jealous. I can't wait to take a trip like this.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:42 AM
AflacEmery
Tourer

Day 13: Bryce Canyon to Zion N.P.
Entering Zion

Watched these guys chillin right as we cross into Zion park

So when you get to the bottom they make you take a bus to explore the park, here is our view

Hiking down to the Narrows

So when hiking the Narrows plan on getting we, you are basically going through water the whole time

This gives you an idea of the scale

and your going to get dirty

After that we head west yet again toward Vegas

We make it to Arizona and see a campsite for 8 bucks, so we take it, even though it was hot as *****

Day 13 Total: 98 mi.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:53 AM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member

More, more, more! It's like crack! Man she takes great pics really shows the trip in vivid detail!

Old 10-08-2013, 08:56 AM
AflacEmery
Tourer

Day 14: Hoover Dam and LasVegas, NV

Rained most the night, the wind was crazy and we where covered in sand by morning. We take a camelback shower and westward bound again in the rain, Get your rainsuits on guys!!

Ahhhh...Hover Dam

What the heck, we do the dam tour

They let us take pictures from the vents

And what I got

The intake towers on the Nevada side, the time changes in the center of the Dam, the other side is AZ

After that we set up camp at Lake Meade

Out site

Kinda rainy but we leave the trailer and head to the Vegas Strip

Riding the Strip

I see butts!

Free bike parking at the HD Cafe

Watched the fountain a few times, and enjoyed some people watching

Losing it all on a one armed bandit!!

Day 14 Total: 218 mi.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:08 AM
AflacEmery
Tourer

Originally Posted by Jswerve
I agree about cameras and cycling. I think they pair well. I also think you get what you pay for. I would like to get a GoPro and better camera before next years trips. Thanks again for sharing I look forward to your updates and I am jealous. I can't wait to take a trip like this.
Here is a link to the first trip we did, and we only had a 100 buck point and click with us, captures the trip, but after we came back I knew I'd need to upgrade soon to a better camera http://softailscenery.weebly.com/17-...n-17-days.html

Old 10-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by AflacEmery
Here is a link to the first trip we did, and we only had a 100 buck point and click with us, captures the trip, but after we came back I knew I'd need to upgrade soon to a better camera http://softailscenery.weebly.com/17-...n-17-days.html
Thanks

Last edited by Jswerve; 10-08-2013 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:45 AM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member

BTW, I had the "luxury" of being stationed in Kansas. THE WIND SUCKED!!! Every day of the year, ALL DAY!!! I hated that place!!!

Quick Reply: #DCtoCA in 24 Days, Pic's