Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Need input on trip through upstate New York, Vermont, and New Hampshire

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 05:57 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 264 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by motofan
I will consider this route. However, after a quick google map search it looks like considerable added miles. My thoughts are to ride from Niagra through the Finger Lakes and up through Adirondacks crossing into Vermont somewhere around Grand Isle or Burlington then accross Route 2.

I would then need to plan a route for the way home that would take me south through Vermont and New York then traveling back west along your suggested route through northern Pennsylvania. I'm not concerned with the miles as much as time constraints with our arrival at our destination on monday evening.

What do you think?
If you have to be somewhere at a certain day & time, just get there then. You're right --- added miles on the PA route. Even Letchworth State Park will be further south than you want to be on the way over. Get over to 81 around Pulaski, and then up to Watertown. (Maybe a route that'll take you north of Rochester, and then route 104 to 81. 104 goes right through Rochester.) Then across route 3, through the Lake Placid area, and then you can get a ferry at Fort Ticonderoga. Make sure you stop at Whiteface Mountain, and ride up on the gondola! On the return trip, map it out to go back into PA from Corning NY & down 15 to route 6 west at Mansfield. Almost all the "good stuff" is west of 15 --- Pa Grand Canyon, Kinzua Bridge State Park, Kinzua Dam. If you want to backtrack a little, take 104 back west, and then go south on route 14 or get to 414 to go down past the lake into Watkins Glen. Great ride, and wineries & tours. Then 414 down to Corning, and route 15. Hope it helps.

Old 09-25-2013, 08:36 PM
motofan
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great info thanks.

Sorry for the hijack Ozoneman.