Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Took 3 week trip to the west!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 08:24 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Took 3 week trip to the west!!!

left july 20th for 3 weeks

we had one issue and luckly we were right by Apols Hd in Alex Mn. We made our way over there and it was there Hog Party and the shop was closed, They heard we where heading to Cali so one the Mecanics that was at party took the bike in and tightend wheel and checked it over( and looked over a brake on a second bike) they did not charge us one dime and to top that they fed us BBQ- great Dealer wish I lived closer to them.

In the Middle of nodak we ran into this guy, his bike died on him. We tried to look bike over and see if we could help but he had no spark so I called a tow truck and off we went.

not this pic (cant edit it out)

We headed across hwy 2 thru ND and spent our first night in Williston Nd!! (should of just bypassed that) wow what a deal going on up there, from there we headed to Glacier and thats where the trip gets going in full speed..We Camped at Koa Of St Marys Mt and what a great place!! they had BBQ going and hot tub and pool and the little cabins are nice(the beds are like prison mats)!!

On day 3 we finally got to some good riding and left the straight roads in the past. Glacier is SPECTACULAR!!! the road is NUTS... but what a great place..

We got out the park and headed south thru Flathead Valley and along the east side of the lake. What a great place with miles and miles of cherry trees seems like everyone has a field of cherry trees in that area!!!another great area glad I got to see it. We rolled into Lolo Mt just before dark and met up with a good friend from jackson Hole who is joining us for a week. We got checked in at the Days inn and found the liquor store picked up some cold beers and sat out front hotel by the end night the place was filled with bikers passing thru...

The next morning we got out of Lolo and headed to orifino Id thru Lolo pass and all I can say is do yourself a favor and make sure you see this Road!!!one of my favorit roads was this!!! High canyon walls, the road at bottom of canyon and a river running next to it!!The curves were wide and sweeping oh did I mention the road is over 100 miles Long?

when I was looking up a good route!!Route 12 from lolo was sugested by someone on the forum!!When I googled it I found some Hot springs that are along the road, so we made it a point to stop at one. Took some work but we did find the entrance and a mile long trail with some sidehilling to get back there we found a great little place...the water was 109deg

as we pulled into Orifino Id the heat was well in the 100 more like 110!!! it was still early but we had a great hotel that I read about on the Forum and again!!SCORE!!!!! http://www.konkolvillemotel.com/ what a great place!!with your room you can a get a dinner for atra 12 a person!!!The dinner is steak patato deal outside at the grill.....another must do if your in the area..

I will add more later!!!

Last edited by scumBAGGER; 08-20-2013 at 07:48 AM.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:29 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

looks like I will have to resize pics!!!have to work on that later..

Old 08-16-2013, 08:33 AM
BorrachoMidget
Supporter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice pics, thanks for sharing. Look forward to seeing more from the trip.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:42 AM
BKA
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a great trip; looking forward to seeing more......

Old 08-16-2013, 10:57 AM
cayers
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great pics and thanks for sharing!

Old 08-16-2013, 11:09 AM
iDodgimus
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks like a great trip... and a stellar bbq!
I'm headed to Montana in a couple of weeks so thanks for the tips

Old 08-16-2013, 11:51 AM
mtgriz
Road Warrior
Received 224 Likes on 158 Posts

Thanks for great pics and story....keep it coming. As a poster said the other day, these are the best threads.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:42 PM
Nans94
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I came through Lolo pass 4 years ago in May. There was actually 6 ft. of snow on the ground and the Rangers station was covered up !! We took the road that goes through the Bitter Root mtn. range. Beautiful country. Glad your trip was good !

Old 08-16-2013, 09:17 PM
glenalt
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Great shots. Keep em coming, thanks.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:51 PM
davey019
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 52 Posts

Great pics and glad you had fun. I have taken these roads and its great riding

Quick Reply: Took 3 week trip to the west!!!