Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Took 3 week trip to the west!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 07:07 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,586 Likes on 22,693 Posts

Sounds like quite the trip!!
Very good pics too!!
Good job!!

Old 08-21-2013, 07:31 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Milwaukeebuddy
Wow Great trip Pat. Glad to see your still hanging onto the canyon wall! RU coming to the 110 party?

will be there sat morning.....This Todd?

thanks everyone I been busy trying to get back in the swing of things not alot time to post!

Old 08-21-2013, 07:57 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

From Hells canyon Area we headed to The Dalles, the gourge is pretty cool to see we jumped on the Wash side that rd is high above the river with some great views little windy and alot truck traffic but great rd.....
we left the Dalles and headed to Multanoma falls what another great thing to NOT miss....

from there we headed into portland and north to Mt St Hellens we spent the night Camping up on St Hellens....

Old 08-21-2013, 09:05 AM
BKA
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks like a great place to camp! Keep the pics coming!

Old 08-27-2013, 08:25 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

we made the coast!! what a blast getting here. we did meet a few bikers on the way to the coast who turned around!! when they got to the coast as it was to cold!!!Lol....We had fog and a slight mist most days till 400pm then turned blue skys so we started to leave the hotel for the day later in the morning, the only down side to that is looking for a room at 900 at night and dinner....

One thing we all wanted to do was ride the Dunes in Oregon!!! The wheelers where alot fun just wish I had one from home or something with a little grunt but we had a blast...I had a sandrail come over the top hill in the air as I was coming up the hill that was interesting....he landed on my front end pushed entire front end my wheeler into the sand.....I took it easy after that deal...

as we got out of OR into Ca all I can say is THE TREES WOW!!!!
and Paul bunyan is from Mn...nice try.....

was ment to be?

Last edited by scumBAGGER; 08-27-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:13 AM
nibroc
Road Warrior
Received 222 Likes on 164 Posts

thaks for posting and sharing that!!!!

Old 08-29-2013, 09:03 AM
whynotf75
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome thanks for sharing

Old 08-29-2013, 09:13 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

we got into Cali and hugged the coast on 101 then over to hwy 1!!The area north of San Fran is alot farms and open range. The road is high ubove the water in most spots! I can say that I have never been on a road with soo many diffrent syle riding all wraped in one road...up hill, side cliff on bridge, one lane, huge winds slanted to left Cali dont fix much when the roads go to crap oh dont forget the mud slides aftermath road has big dip and leans to right on cliff...wtf...Bwhahaha I will never forget that road.....

We rolled into San Francisco during the afternoon on a fri and place was PACKED!!We lucked out again and found a great hotel with good rates and top it off underground parking!!! We parked the bikes for a day and half and took cabs,bus and Trollys everywhere...What a great town wish we had more time to spend we made fishermans warf scored tickets to Alcatraz and a boat tour of the bay.....

Last edited by scumBAGGER; 08-29-2013 at 09:18 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:15 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

Alcatraz was a must see but come to find out tickets are sold out months out but we found one them tickets "scalpers" in town and got 7 tickets to the Isl at 165$ a piece...ouch.......after Alcatraz we had tix to a sunset bay cruise and we had no clue what was coming but on that boat ride Gary asked Carrie to Marry him over the loud speaker....I belive they have been dating since high school 20 years or so....

Old 08-29-2013, 09:35 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

We had planed to leave San Fran and run over to Hollister to Corbin seats and Robbie had some plans to get new gator seat he had a new Corbin seat just needed to get reskined...Robbie took off around 400am to head down to Corbin, we caught up later in teh day. This was another area I was glad to see HUGE farms we seen everthing under the sun growing out in the valley. what a great company Corbin is they treat you like a King when you show up at the shop great service and Robbies new seat was done by 1100 and we were on the road to Pacific coast hwy 1!!!oh if your in the area Corbin has a dinner right in the shop and the food was FANTASTIC!!!!

Robbies new seat.....with heat....

we got back over to the coast and headed south one the stop we had planed was Hearst Castle, this is another MUST SEE the history there is unreal, breath taking he sure did have some crazy vision...the zebra running with the cattle was weird to see......

Quick Reply: Took 3 week trip to the west!!!