Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Need a place to keep truck during Blue Ridge Parkway Trip

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 07:16 PM
gambler109
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by krtracr
Thanks to everone for the great suggestions.

And the winner is, envelope please (drum role, you have to do this in your head)

gambler109.

The KOA campground in Cherokee is letting us leave our truck and trailer at a pull-thru campsite for $5 a day.

Thanks again to everyone.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:14 PM
OldCoot
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by im
I just returned from the Blue Ridge a few weeks ago and i can tell you that while the Blue Ridge is always a nice ride a mix of local riding just off the blue ridge to other destinations makes the trip more varied and enjoyable.
Great suggestions, im. Getting off the Parkway makes for a much more enjoyable trip...

krtracr... take im's advice on alternate roads to explore... they're some of the best. Enjoy!

Old 08-20-2014, 04:56 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by krtracr
I am looking for someone that lives near Cherokee N.C. thatwill allow us leave our pick-up truck and U-haul trailer at their residence for aweek to 10 days this summer.

My wife and I are planning a road trip along the Blue RidgeParkway on our Harley. We plan on leaving South Florida on Saturday, July 27, arrivingin Cherokee Sunday afternoon.

Our plan is to stay in Cherokee Sunday night and leave Mondaymorning for a week to 10 day trip along the BRP, I believe it is about 450miles, we have no agenda or reservations at this point, the plan is to do a lotof hiking along the parkway trails and play it by ear.

The only hard date at this time is I have to be back at workon Monday August 12.

I would like to leave our truck & trailer at someone’sresidence where it will be out of the way and won’t have to be moved.

Also, any tips on things to do and places to stay frompeople who have done this trip would be appreciated.

Thanks, Tom
Last year when we toured the Smokeys we stayed in a little town southwest of Cherokee at a cabin we rented sight unseen (except for internet pics). Well when we got there it was pouring down raining and as fate would have it, the road going about 300 yards up the mountain side to the cabin was about a 40 degree incline and rocky. We were in a Doge 2500 LWB with a 20ft trailer hauling 3 bikes. The turn into the cabin off the rocky steep incline was literally 80 degrees and a sharp turn into the lot. No way in hell we were going to get that truck and trailer up that hill and make that turn into the cabin. At the foot of the hill was a house with a long hard-packed gravel driveway about 200 yards long. So after standing there for about 10 minutes trying to figure out where the hell we were going to put that trailer, this guy and his wife walked up from the house and said "hey fellas. Looks like a dilemma!" I about busted a gut. Make a long story short, they let us keep the trailer there for 10 days for nothing but a single beer. When we picked up the trailer 10 days later to pack up and head home, it was during the day so they were not home as they both worked. I put a $100 bill in an envelope and stuck it in their door with my phone number and a word of thanks.

Moral of the story is there are nice people everywhere and in that part of the world, you'd be hard-pressed not to find someone who will let you park your rig in their yard.