Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

the Hills were great!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 07:47 PM
pk54
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the Hills were great!

Rode Texas Hill Country the first week of March. The weather was a little cool a couple of days, but were still able to ride every day. After alot of searching we found the best hamburgers I've ever had at Alamo Springs south of Fredericksburg on old San Antonio road. We are all early risers so we found a little coffee shop in Fredericksburg called Java Hut where the locals gather every morning to solve the worlds problems. They made us feel like we were one of them, even got to sit in on their round table conversations. We really enjoyed the feel of Fredericksburg, small town atmosphere. Rode the Willow City loop, Enchanted Rock was amazing. The Three Sisters was a great ride. Stopped only at little out of the way places to eat and relax. Thanks Texas Hills for a great time.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:34 AM
Streetin
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PK, glad to hear you had a great trip. I have been looking for ideas for my 2014 summer trip. Three sisters has been added to that list. I like those small out of the way places too.
Texas will have to wait as we are running thru your home state this summer.

Old 03-23-2013, 04:47 PM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by pk54
Rode Texas Hill Country the first week of March. The weather was a little cool a couple of days, but were still able to ride every day. After alot of searching we found the best hamburgers I've ever had at Alamo Springs south of Fredericksburg on old San Antonio road. We are all early risers so we found a little coffee shop in Fredericksburg called Java Hut where the locals gather every morning to solve the worlds problems. They made us feel like we were one of them, even got to sit in on their round table conversations. We really enjoyed the feel of Fredericksburg, small town atmosphere. Rode the Willow City loop, Enchanted Rock was amazing. The Three Sisters was a great ride. Stopped only at little out of the way places to eat and relax. Thanks Texas Hills for a great time.
Glad you enjoyed the trip and the highlights of the Hill Country. We have done this part of Texas every year for the past several years, and are heading out for the area this coming Friday -- Easter weekend. Just enough time to get out there one day, ride the 3 Sisters, then ride back. We, too, will be taking in Willow City Loop on the way out, driving past Enchanted Rock, then down through F'burg, Kerrville, and end up in Bandera (a real cowboy town...). The return trip includes a route around Canyon Lake, then more of a direct route back to Houston. Check out www.hog.com for my ride posts and routes for the area. Look into "Texas Rider -- Tod" for the mapped routes. Glad you enjoyed our state!

Old 03-23-2013, 05:29 PM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,762 Likes on 700 Posts

Alamo Springs has closed!

Dont call! Go away! Go far away!

Old 03-23-2013, 08:07 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

if you are in fredericksburg, you need to ride hwy. 16 north to llano. lovely hill country road and you will end up eating b-b-q at cooper's in llano. voted best in texas by bikers many times. then over to junction to pick up hwy. 83 down to leakey and the 3 sisters. nice bar/cafe called bent rim and there is a motel that caters to bikers only there in leakey. d'ross inn or something like that.

Old 03-23-2013, 08:10 PM
rodney123456
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is alamo springs really closed?