Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Kingston Ont. to Boston Mass. Road Trip

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 08:02 AM
Mill908
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kingston Ont. to Boston Mass. Road Trip

Hey all I am organizing a trip this summer (it has become an annual thing for me about 12 of my buddies) We have a gathering point (Kingston Ont) and an end destination (Boston) (Red Sox and booze)there are people from all corners of Ontario and a few from Quebec comming. The dates are still TBD. What I ask from all of you is help in planning the route, we will be crossing the border at or around the 1000 Islands/Water Town area.

I would like some local feed back if possible on the best twisty scenic roads, must stop at restaurants and a mid way point camp ground or dive hotels.

As well travelling with a 12 bikes is gtg but the more the marrier, If there are people on here that like a good boot as much as they like typing and the thread pays out, I will continue to add the details as this pans out. It will likey be mid to late July if anyone wants to tag along with a bunch of Canadian Riff Raff.

Thanks in advance for the tips and trick, we look forward to hearing from you all.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:43 AM
Bradley Jones
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I work in boston and live about 35 minutes north of it. I also got a place in the white mountains where where the roads are fantastic for riding. Once you fugure out your route I can let ya know where to stop and what to do in the area.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:54 AM
Mill908
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have route #s that are suggested, as the route itself that would be great, the total distance b line on the major high ways is only 8-9 hrs, those are the ones we are trying to avoid, White mountain is where I will start look though, thanks. We will be comming from the NorthWest.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:30 PM
majorbrian
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

If you are going to cut across Massachusetts west to east, you may want to consider taking rte 2 on the northern side of the state. As you pass thru the mountains towards central Mass even that rode has highway like sections though.
Be aware that Quabbin Reservoir between Springfield and Worcestor will force you north or south to get around it.
Rte 9 cuts from the NorthWest and passes just below the reservoir as well, but then that route will pass you thru a lot of city-like areas once you hit central Mass.
Depending upon what you really want from your ride, you may want to consider passing thru Vermont and New Hampshire to get more riding variety.