Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Ozark Mountain Ride: Tearing through the Twisties!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by Faulkner
Good ride report supahflid . . . too bad I was off riding in middle Tennessee with Cottontop and couldn't hook up with you on this trip. I shoulda reminded you to take Highway 23 to Mt Judea just south of Jasper. That's where the "Little Dragon" is that we rode last time up that way and I'm sure MJG would have loved dragging pegs on those curves.
I looked on a map to make sure which of us got the number wrong, easy to do, and just posting this for anyone not familiar with the area. 23 heads south from Eureka Springs, and 123 is a north-south highway that goes through Mt. Judea and intersects with highway 7 south of there; from there you can take 7 south to Russellville or continue on 123 to Clarksville, either of which give you access to I-40 if you're heading out east or west. All of those highways are great rides; it's hard to go wrong in northwest Arkansas.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:26 PM
Faulkner
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

You are right, it's 123 that goes through Mt. Judy, I was reciting by memory. I know it as "that Y to the right off of Hwy 7 at Lurton". That's probably one of the best stretches of road in the entire state of Arkansas.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:41 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

You are right, it's 123 that goes through Mt. Judy, I was reciting by memory. I know it as "that Y to the right off of Hwy 7 at Lurton". That's probably one of the best stretches of road in the entire state of Arkansas.
I'd put Arkansas in the top five states for good rides, too. Kinda hard to say which is better, when you get states like Arkansas, Colorado and Arizona that are so scenic, but in different ways.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:46 PM
ChiroRick
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bull shoals ferry was awesome...I took it across the lake about 3 years ago when I took my old KLR through NW AR, OK, MO, etc.

Old 05-25-2012, 06:31 AM
Faulkner
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Here's a picture I took last fall. Was rounding a corner in Boxley Valley (near Jasper) and came upon a small herd of elk crossing the road. Was able to stop and get a picture of the last two.

Lot of folks don't know that Arkansas has a elk, but it's rare I don't see any when riding through Boxley Valley.

Old 05-25-2012, 06:55 AM
eland
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow great pictures! My wife and I are planning a trip up there in the fall.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:28 AM
supahflid
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a picture I took last fall. Was rounding a corner in Boxley Valley (near Jasper) and came upon a small herd of elk crossing the road. Was able to stop and get a picture of the last two.

Lot of folks don't know that Arkansas has a elk, but it's rare I don't see any when riding through Boxley Valley.

You can count me as one that didn't know Arkansas has elk! Can you hunt them?