Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

myrtle beach hotels

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 07:27 AM
k9interdiction
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default myrtle beach hotels

My son who is in the Navy called the other day and wants to go to Myrtle Beach Bike Week in May. Need some suggestions on where to stay.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:23 PM
DaSchpiel
Novice

Just returned from a few day stay in N. Myrtle Beach at the Sands. They have a great outside bar (Ocean Annie's) as well as restaurant and inside bar (Sandals). If you are a real party'er there is also a cool little local hangout called flip flops just a couple blocks away that will gladly serve you til 5 am (weekdays only)

Many people will come to the hotel for the atmosphere so it keeps the faces changing over the stay

Just my 2cents do with it what you will

Old 04-02-2012, 08:50 PM
FinallyRiding
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Have you ever thought about a rental house? We do this a lot when traveling, we enjoy extra space, washer, dryer, kitchen and normally we find someplace that has a garage especially if traveling on or with the bike. A few years ago we rented a house on Sunset Beach , very close to Myrtle Beach it was incredible and more relaxing than a hotel.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:51 AM
Tank Bayard
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Myrtle Beach Bike Week? Really?

I understand that Myrtle Beach doesn't really want this happening any more, and they make it as difficult as possible for Bikers. Many go elsewhere to avoid the hassle, etc.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:06 PM
bigdogramsst
4th Gear

surfside and garden city beach is the place to stay for bike week . every thing has moved out of town mostly . because of new local laws trying to run off bikers

Old 04-04-2012, 12:33 PM
springer-skid
Intermediate
Default Myrtle Beach

they are no hassles the cops are cool as they can be. Most people in myrtle beach want the bikers. If you don't come to the rally don't get on here and bash it. Just stay home like you normally do anyway. i won't let the city council tell me when and where i can ride! Make a stand don't wait for somebody else to do it for you. everybody needs to come and have a good time. as for your question 99.9% of all motels / hotels and other businesses welcome you and the harley rally.

Last edited by springer-skid; 04-04-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:10 PM
nickrat
Tourer
Received 125 Likes on 67 Posts

I've been staying at Myrtle Beach Resort for the last 10 years. It's about a mile or so south of Myrtle Beach Harley on 17 just before you hit surfside. They have everything there, a bunch of pools, hot tubs, snack bar, deli, and beach front bar. They also have security at the enterance so only people staying there get in and more security around the clock in the bike parking area. I like that it's off of the strip, don't have to worry about where your bike is parked and if you want some quiet, you've got it. Bike week is better the last few years there. All the people that want to whine that they don't want us there are staying home and making it easier to get around. The traffic was getting terrible before, it would take 2 or 3 times as long to get from Murrells Inlet to North Myrtle because you'd be just sitting in traffic. There's still plenty going on and a lot of riding to do.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Tank Bayard
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by springer-skid
they are no hassles the cops are cool as they can be. Most people in myrtle beach want the bikers. If you don't come to the rally don't get on here and bash it. Just stay home like you normally do anyway. i won't let the city council tell me when and where i can ride! Make a stand don't wait for somebody else to do it for you. everybody needs to come and have a good time. as for your question 99.9% of all motels / hotels and other businesses welcome you and the harley rally.
lol

choices... Myrtle Beach made theirs...we'll make ours.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:16 AM
springer-skid
Intermediate

= Tank Bayard = How many times have you been to the rally? If so give us a little info on what you did and if you had fun doing it. My point is come have fun just don't spend your money in the city of M.B. Don't let a few ????? stop the rally.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:26 AM
kps_Shovel
Cruiser

I figured they didnt ever want bikers there, I havent sat foot there since they called in the national guard back in the early 2000's I spent my money else where. & before that I had attended every year for over a dozen years, & used to go the Myrtle beach at least 5 times a year.

I can say I have not even been to Myrtle Beach for any reason since that incident, & I know of a few others that said they would never set foot there, & havent.

Quick Reply: myrtle beach hotels