Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Daytona Bike Week

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 12:42 PM
brak4222
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks everyone for the info. I appreciate it......

Old 02-28-2012, 01:29 PM
madjimmax
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do yourself a favor and dont stay around just one place, there is too much to see to just stay around Main St or the speedway. I've been many times as my mom lives there so I try and go every year so I can visit my mom do the bike week thing. All of the suggestions on the different places and events that I've read here are pretty good, but I don't think that no one mentioned the Iron horse saloon on Rt.1 they have a bunch of vendors across the street and they always have a pretty decent band playing and some decent food. Also make sure that you cruise the loop thats always a nice ride. And to be honest I always take a couple of days or so to just go cruising and stay away from the events. There are a lot of places to cruise to in Florida, Ponce Inlet is real nice you can ride right out on the beach and hang out for a while go check out the light house. St Augustine has a lot of history if your into that kinda thing and a nice ride down the A1A into Cocoa Beach and Cape Canaveral is always nice.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:56 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I see you're from Syracuse. We are SE of Albany in Columbia Co. and making the trip. I assume you are trailering. We just picked up a new utility trailer this weekend and are going to rig it up this weekend and head out on the 8th. I also have never been but have always wanted to hit Daytona. Hoping to hear lots of helpful advice on the thread you posted.
This week is dragging. It is snowing as I type and the idea of sun and fun-not to mention getting to ride again-is making the minutes feel like hours. I'm sure you understand.
Let me know if you find any good info.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:19 PM
brak4222
Tourer

Originally Posted by lockednloaded
I see you're from Syracuse. We are SE of Albany in Columbia Co. and making the trip. I assume you are trailering. We just picked up a new utility trailer this weekend and are going to rig it up this weekend and head out on the 8th. I also have never been but have always wanted to hit Daytona. Hoping to hear lots of helpful advice on the thread you posted.
This week is dragging. It is snowing as I type and the idea of sun and fun-not to mention getting to ride again-is making the minutes feel like hours. I'm sure you understand.
Let me know if you find any good info.
Although I usually prefer not to, I will be trailering this trip. The weather is just too bad up north. I rented a 5x9 U-Haul and will be trailering 2 bikes down. We are heading out on the 14th.

We will also be riding to Laconia in June and then I will be going solo to Sturgis in August. I'll be meeting up with friends there. It should be a great year as I'll be at the 3 biggest rallies in a single year.

Old 02-29-2012, 04:59 PM
daytonamike
Advanced
Default Daytona Beach

Had a little fog on the ride to work this morning, but on way home, sunshine and 84 degrees. Hope it stays like this for bike week. Good place for venders is on beach st. Go east on 92 (ISB) hit the river and turn left. Thats beach st. Also out US1 in Ormond Beach, just north of Daytona are alot of venders too. Free parking for bikes at most places. But take your time here and dont be in a hurry. This place is packed....love it, cant hardly wait another 9 days.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:21 PM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts

Hey Brak, have you tried to load the bikes on the trailer yet. A 5 by 9 seems pretty small for two bikes. If not, ya better try this before your ready for the trip or ya might be in for a surprise. Have fun, heading there myself. Riding out of central Pa wearing my gerbing.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:01 AM
madjimmax
Elite HDF Member

5X9 will be fine I use a 5x10 utility trailer and I've had 2 on mine. Just stagger them or put one on facing forwards and the other on facing the rear. It will be tight but it will work I back the trailer up to a curb so the gate can be dropped on the curb, so that there is no incline and the second bike can be pushed right in there. Just make sure that two people are pushing the second bike on that way it cant tip over and you'll be fine. I also remove my bags since they just pop right off that way it gives a little more clearance when you putting the second bike on the trailer

Last edited by madjimmax; 03-01-2012 at 05:06 AM.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:24 PM
brak4222
Tourer

Originally Posted by cdestuck
Hey Brak, have you tried to load the bikes on the trailer yet. A 5 by 9 seems pretty small for two bikes. If not, ya better try this before your ready for the trip or ya might be in for a surprise. Have fun, heading there myself. Riding out of central Pa wearing my gerbing.
I was able to load my FLSTC and my wife's XL883L with no issues at all. I had them both face front and was quite strategic in the tie downs. With the Sporty's foot pegs up, I left about 3 inches of space to the left, then about 6 inches between the bikes and about another 3 inches to the right of my Heritage. I used 4 tie downs for each bike and the didn't move an inch. It took me about an hour to get them loaded.

I had a great time in Daytona. We did just about everything mentioned in this thread. I even got my wife a new set of V&H Big Radius pipes. I wanna thank everyone for the ideas and contributions. We may go to Daytona every year or two from now on.

Good times!!

Old 03-07-2014, 09:15 AM
scoutbeez23
Stage I

If you need something to do on Thursday, we have a bike show with free entry...

Mobil 1 Bike Fest with American Bagger:
Enter your bike for FREE to win cash prizes - $250, $500, and $750!

Event date: Thursday, March 13th
Event Time: 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Event Location: Advance Auto Parts on 700 N. Ridgewood Ave. in Daytona Beach

FREE raffle for a custom-pinstriped motorcycle helmet from Biltwell.
FREE dyno runs
FREE food truck
FREE Mobil 1 giveaways: custom t-shirts, bandanas, stickers, patches and more.

We'd love to see you there.