Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Going to Tucson

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 05:01 PM
campdreamer47
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you so much 71FLH. I will be in Tucson March 4th but I don't pick up the street glide until March 5th at 9am. Maybe we could hook up for a talk or a short ride between March 5th and March 9th. I 'll most likely go south of Tucson for day maybe two. I would also like to check out the Grand Canon but that might be harder to do in the time I have and the weather may not be good in that area I hear. I'll want to do a few short rides to some local good eats too.

What can you tell me about Tucson Harley like I said I am a little concerned with renting after some of the threads I read on here and the way your treated. Nothing negative about Tucson Harley just renting in general and Buddy Stubbs was one of the negatives. I guess I'll have to look the bike over real good before I ride off.

Anyway I will keep in touch.

Cameron

Originally Posted by 71FLH
Let me know when you're going to be in town and I would be more than happy to give ya the grand tour if ya want. We're getting a new grandson on the 3rd, but the 4th is open. I'm free weekends and after 2:30 on weekdays. If I can help in any way PM me and I will be happy to do whatever I can. I work right next to the HD shop.

Either way, all of the places that people have told you are great. Short rides like Mt. Lemmon, Saguaro National Monument, Kinny Rd., can all be done in an hour or so. Longer rides like Bisbee, Tombstone, , Madera Canyon, Globe can be done a few hours depending on how you ride. All are great.

The freeway (I-10) through Tucson is easy, you're either on it or not. It's all there is except for one interchange at I-19.

As an after thought, if you want to get together for an hour or so I can at least show you on a map all of the good riding in the areas.

Anyway it's an offer to you or anybody else coming to Tucson.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:14 PM
71FLH
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by campdreamer47
Thank you so much 71FLH. I will be in Tucson March 4th but I don't pick up the street glide until March 5th at 9am. Maybe we could hook up for a talk or a short ride between March 5th and March 9th. I 'll most likely go south of Tucson for day maybe two. I would also like to check out the Grand Canon but that might be harder to do in the time I have and the weather may not be good in that area I hear. I'll want to do a few short rides to some local good eats too.

What can you tell me about Tucson Harley like I said I am a little concerned with renting after some of the threads I read on here and the way your treated. Nothing negative about Tucson Harley just renting in general and Buddy Stubbs was one of the negatives. I guess I'll have to look the bike over real good before I ride off.

Anyway I will keep in touch.

Cameron

PM sent.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:22 PM
keith_stepp
Banned
Received 1,505 Likes on 1,077 Posts

4th is open for me too. The Tucson Harley is just a stone's throw from my dad's place and is very close to the Picture Rocks Pass if you wanted to do the Saguaro National Monument. Or whatever.

There's a Denny's right there if y'all wanted to hook up for breakfast.

Can't make the 5th though :-(

I have consultants on-site that week.