Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Boston Rider looking for nice 2-3 day ride

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 09:19 PM
dhog
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boston Rider looking for nice 2-3 day ride

I am looking for any input on a nice 2-3 day ride. I live in Boston and would like to plan a road trip. Looking for a nice scenic ride mainly sticking to secondary roads. I've done the Kanga, lower Maine Coast and Woodstock, VT. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:19 PM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 264 Likes on 131 Posts

Go north for awhile, and then head west through NH & VT, across Lake Champlain on the ferry, and Route 3 through lake Placid, to Watertown NY. Go across the lake on the low side, to Fort Ticonderoga. then you can head north at Watertown (stop at the Eisenhower Lock in Massena NY & maybe see a big ship go through), and work your way back to Plattsburgh, and the ferry on the north end of the lake, and head home through northern VT & NH, into ME. If you have more time, I live in upstate PA, and this is great country for riding ----- anything in the northwestern quarter of PA. If you don't want to go that far south, look up things to do in Central NY, like Letchworth State Park --- stuff like that. Even go over to Niagara Falls. Just a thought. Somebody else might come up with something else you'll like better.

Old 01-05-2012, 02:23 PM
dhog
Advanced

Thanks for the advice. I am always looking for something new. Take care.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:01 PM
rdrunner
Cruiser

A couple of options....Head south and loop Cape Cod into Newport, RI. From Newport cross over to Jamestown loop to Beavetail Light. Continue on to Narragansett, RI to Point Judith. Proceed south on Rt 1 to Westerly, Watch Hill, and into Mystic, CT. From Mystic you can head north on 12 towards Norwich and then get onto Rt 169 north (Make sure to stop at the Vanilla Bean in Pomfret) all the way to Rt 20 then you can head back to Bean Town...couple of days

Other option is to head west on the pike and get off on 122 in Worcester...head nw on 122 around the Quabbin Reservoir to rt 2 mohawk trail west. Go all the way out to Williamstown then head north up around the east side of Lake George and then south to main st Lake George (June/Americade) (August/Saratoga Race Track). From here head west rt 28 then rt 3 to Lake Placid. From Lake Placid head north up to Rouses Point Bridge (just south of the Canadian Border) following rt 2 down to Burlington Vt. Take 100 south to rt 4 towards Killington and Woodstock. If you have time Long Trail and Harpoon breweries are near that area. Many options from here back to Bean Town..3 leisurely days. have fun

Old 01-10-2012, 04:45 PM
JR-Boston
Tourer

Ride out Rt 2/Mohawk Trail to North Adams & ride up/down Mt Greylock if the auto road is open. Then pick up Rt 8 north a few miles 'till it turns into Vermont Rt 100. Ride on up to Killington & check into a hotel for the night. Have dinner at Casey's Caboose. In the morning, continue up VT 100 to Newport VT, right on the Canadian Border. Then decide if you want to blast down I91/I93 back to Boston, or ease on down VT100 again.

JR

Last edited by JR-Boston; 01-10-2012 at 04:50 PM.