Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

cross country, basically

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 07:02 PM
bigdaddybrink1
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cross country, basically

Hey all, i know its super early to mention but I'm super excited an wanted to share. Ill be travelin this june from Vegas to PA!! On the way there ill be takin the southern route, so i can hit tail of the dragon. If anyone has places of intest on that route or wanna meet up n ride part of it please let me know!!!

Old 12-30-2011, 07:22 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 276 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdaddybrink1
Hey all, i know its super early to mention but I'm super excited an wanted to share. Ill be travelin this june from Vegas to PA!! On the way there ill be takin the southern route, so i can hit tail of the dragon. If anyone has places of intest on that route or wanna meet up n ride part of it please let me know!!!
I assume you been up thru 4 corners area and Moab and Cortez, also Monument National park etc, all a must see. I live in East Tennessee, there is a week's worth of riding around here and west N.C. Google Deals Gap, Helen, Ga, Smokey Mountain Natl Park, Maggie Valley, Blue Ridge Pkwy. Sandstone WV, New River Gorge. Gatlinburg,TN. all good rides. ck out web site www.touringdepot.com good stuff there to read.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:58 PM
fishcop
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey bigdaddy I did that trip 2 summers ago. Went from Vegas to Harrisburg PA. Unfortunately, I went in early June and ended up riding mostly in the rain. I couldn't do the Dragon due to fog and icy patches. But had a great time and enjoyed any way. Met a lot of nice people along the way also. Do check the weather though, had to cancel many side trips. Have a great ride.

Old 12-30-2011, 10:25 PM
bigdaddybrink1
Intermediate
Cool

Originally Posted by checkers
I assume you been up thru 4 corners area and Moab and Cortez, also Monument National park etc, all a must see. I live in East Tennessee, there is a week's worth of riding around here and west N.C. Google Deals Gap, Helen, Ga, Smokey Mountain Natl Park, Maggie Valley, Blue Ridge Pkwy. Sandstone WV, New River Gorge. Gatlinburg,TN. all good rides. ck out web site www.touringdepot.com good stuff there to read.
sadly i have NOT been to four corners......idk y, i have to soon!!!

Old 01-03-2012, 08:58 PM
11Streetglide103
Intermediate

I live in PA and there are some great rides. what part of PA will you be in? or are you going to be pretty much all over the state?