Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

best rides, by state in Alphabetical order

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011 | 02:23 PM
pccoder
Road Warrior

I'm so confused about how to respond to this thread. It could have easily been 52 separate threads?

Anyway, I live in East/Central Florida on the coast. I typically ride around this area. I like to shoot down Babcock to Fellsmere and then across the state to Yeehaw Junction, than turn North thru Kenanasville and then to Holopaw. Turn right, head East back to Melbourne. It takes a few hours and is a nice time alone with only the road and no other crap to worry about.

Old 12-27-2011 | 06:08 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member

Excellent job alphabetizing, but I don't think it's going to work as you hoped.

Old 12-31-2011 | 07:32 AM
Meangreen48
1st Gear

Well, I guess you could take the info from these posts and edit them into the appropriate states...

Anyway, central east coast of Florida riders - Take US-1 or I-95 to state road 46. Go west on 46 (decent road with country scenery) to Sanford and take 17-92 north to Deland. From Deland, take hiway 11 (really nice smooth road with country scenery) to road 100. Take 100 east to Flagler Beach and go south on A1A (scenic oceanfront hiway). There are a couple of nice beachfront eaterys along A1A - good places to stop for lunch. When A1A runs into Ormond/Daytona, you can continue on to Main Street or cross over to US-1. Form here pick your desired route home.

US-1, 17-92, and 100 are busy roads with traffic in places, but the rest of this route is pleasant. Depending on where you start from, plan on 150 - 200 miles.

Old 01-11-2012 | 09:31 PM
farmerstu
|
Road Captain

bumping this up so i can keep track of it for editing

Old 01-11-2012 | 10:11 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member

best in texas hwy. 118 from study butte(big bend) to alpine and on to fort davis.

Old 01-12-2012 | 08:17 AM
Firebike32
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by farmerstu
Iowa best rides
Two of the Iowa rides we like are the Loess Hills from Sioux City to Council Bliffs and the Iowa side of the Mississippi River from Marquet to Dubuque.

Old 01-13-2012 | 12:30 PM
AtticusFinch
Road Warrior

Utah best rides
Too many to list, but I'll start:
Highway 12 from Torrey to Panguitch (including a stop at Bryce Canyon)

Round trip starting in Provo, heading up Provo Canyon, Mirror Lake Highway to Evanston, 89 to Woodruff, over Monte Cristo to Huntsville (lunch at shooting star), south to Morgan, east canyon, through Park City and back down Provo Canyon.

Highway 89 from Spanish Fork Canyon to Kanab

Highway 9 from Mt. Carmel Jct. through Zion National Park and back.
Maybe the OP can copy the lists that everyone posts back into his original post and then there will be an alphabetical list. Is that the idea?

Old 01-13-2012 | 10:04 PM
farmerstu
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by AtticusFinch
Too many to list, but I'll start:
Highway 12 from Torrey to Panguitch (including a stop at Bryce Canyon)

Round trip starting in Provo, heading up Provo Canyon, Mirror Lake Highway to Evanston, 89 to Woodruff, over Monte Cristo to Huntsville (lunch at shooting star), south to Morgan, east canyon, through Park City and back down Provo Canyon.

Highway 89 from Spanish Fork Canyon to Kanab

Highway 9 from Mt. Carmel Jct. through Zion National Park and back.
Maybe the OP can copy the lists that everyone posts back into his original post and then there will be an alphabetical list. Is that the idea?
yep that's the idea. your post is already copied and pasted in utah. thanks a bunch

Old 01-22-2012 | 10:59 AM
farmerstu
|
Road Captain

just bumping to the top. still have some states with no replies.
repliy in my other thread and i will edit them into this one.

Old 01-26-2012 | 04:46 PM
rdrunner
Cruiser

Rhode island best rides
RI might be the smallest state in the union but we can still muster up a nice scenic ride especially if you like the sea and seafood. Out of Providence head south on 95 to Rt 4 to Rt 1 south. Get off in Narragansett and take the road to Point Judith. Head over to the docks and enjoy a lobster while checking out the fishing boats heading out to sea. From here follow ocean drive to Narragansett Beach and have a beer at the Coast Guard House which overlooks the ocean and the entrance to Narragansett Bay. Leaving here on 1A to Rt 138 and go over the Jamestown Bridge and make the loop of this beautiful island stopping at Beavertail Lighthouse. Follow the ocean rd back to 138 and then take the Newport Bridge into historic and beautiful Newport. Plenty of things to do here. Easy day trip with an overnight in Newport if you want.....from here you can leave for Cape Cod if you haven't had enough of the ocean!

Quick Reply: best rides, by state in Alphabetical order