Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Austin TX area ride suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 08:31 AM
tweeter516
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Austin TX area ride suggestions?

Hello all,

I recently picked up and moved from New England to Austin Texas, can anyone suggest some good ride routes in the Austin area? I'd be starting in South Austin if that helps.

Thanks, I appreceiate any and all responses

Old 09-08-2011, 11:15 AM
noridinsavage
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would think anything out around Lake Travis would be good. I know the area between Beeville and Wimberly are pretty nice. I dont remember road names or numbers as I dont live there anymore. Out around Bastrop is nice, except maybe all the fires going on right now.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:14 PM
kajunkruzer
Road Warrior

Lime Creek Road is a fun road with lots of twisties. If you head out of town on FM 2222 and cross 620 it eventually turns into Lime Creek Rd. Now that I'm thinking about it, 2222 west of Mopac is actually a cool road too while you're at it. While you're on that side of Lake Travis you should take 1431 towards Marble Falls, that's another fun road. Just about any direction you go west of Austin is good riding. I used to live in Round Rock and I still miss Austin. Lots of fun things to do around there, good riding, good food, good drinks, good looking women, I could go on and on. The ROT rally in June is a blast. If you like to eat check out the Hula Hut on Lake Austin or Juan in a Millions for breakfast. God, it's time for a weekend trip to Austin.................

Old 09-08-2011, 07:36 PM
tweeter516
Advanced

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Kajun, I will deffinitely check out those restaurants.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:07 PM
kajunkruzer
Road Warrior

Hula Hut's food is a mix of tex-mex and polynesian. Their shrimp taco's are superb. Juan in Millions has breakfast burrito's that are the size of your head. They have smaller ones too, we never go to Austin without eating at these 2 places. Juan in a Millions is on E. Cesar Chavez in east Austin and the Hut is on Lake Austin Blvd near the dam. Man, I miss Austin now. And I'm hungry, lol.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:33 PM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,762 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by tweeter516
Hello all,

I recently picked up and moved from New England to Austin Texas, can anyone suggest some good ride routes in the Austin area? I'd be starting in South Austin if that helps.

Thanks, I appreceiate any and all responses

Just point west on 290 and go til the sun is in your eyes and turn around and go back. Everything worth anything east just burned up.
Get a Butler Motorcycle Map for the "Texas Hill Country". Be patient, it should cool down sometime in late January.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:55 PM
tspierce
Advanced

16 from fredricksburg/luckenbach to kerrville to medina to bandera. Then leakey and the 3 twisted sisters

Old 09-09-2011, 07:51 PM
heavyhitter01
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tspierce
16 from fredricksburg/luckenbach to kerrville to medina to bandera. Then leakey and the 3 twisted sisters

Heck yea!! Only warning is it is super dry out that way and little to no cell service. But that area is some great riding. From Austin have shot down to New Braunfels and headed west on 46 over to 16 hooked up to 337 rode the 3 sisters then back on 187 to Kerrville back to Austin. Long day but a great ride.

Check Out: http://www.hillcountrycruising.com/

Lots of great info there

Old 09-11-2011, 01:13 PM
HD Jim
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Texas Hill Country! I just get out and ride .... no particular direction .. getting lost is all part of the ride!

Old 09-11-2011, 01:19 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Texas hill country, fm16 to 32, (known as devils backbone) purgatory rd, River rd in new braunfels, 281, 46, 306 canyon lake, just to name a few.

I live in New Braunfels, pm me if you want to ride the hill country.

Quick Reply: Austin TX area ride suggestions?