Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Cruising in Wisconsin...What a great place to ride!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 07:36 AM
TOWERPC
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruising in Wisconsin...What a great place to ride!

Started in Ellicott City, MD and went to Milwaukee, WI to the Harley Museum. I've never been to WI but found it to be great riding with great friendly people. Rode the Lower Wisconsin River Road (Hwy 60) and then went up Hwy 35 along the Mississippi River to Lacrosse and then dropped down and rode all over Coon Valley. Coon Valley turned out to be a great place to ride with nice roads everywhere. Ended up stopping at a bar called Leo & Leona's off of Hwy 162, and there was a lot of history in that little place. Met some wonderful people (Keith and Jody) who owned a couple of cabins (Coulee Cabins) down the road on County Road P and stayed there one night and went back to Leo & Leona's for some great music by musicians, which some turned out to be owners of the bar. This was the last night of the trip and meeting these wonderful people and enjoying the history of the area made it a great ending to a great ride. If you are in the area I would highly recommend you ride in Coon Valley, stop at Leo & Leona's for a drink, and if you want to stay in the area for a few nights look up Coulee Cabins and stay there. You won't regret the great time you will have. One more thing, even the littlest side roads were well paved and smooth to ride on. I'm really impressed with the way WI takes care of their roads. And all of the Harley Dealerships we stopped at had wonderful, helpful people working there. They all had great ideas for great rides but we didn't have enough time to ride all of the areas we were told about. Maybe next time!

Old 08-25-2011, 09:45 PM
CaptJIM
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like you had a great trip. My wife turned me on to the Coon Valley area when I went with her so she could do some genealogy research and visit some distant relatives. Just beautiful no matter which way you turn. We went back the next year on the bike. Took the Great River Road up to LaCrosse and then over to Coon Valley and Wildcat Mountain. Good times!

Old 08-25-2011, 11:17 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,548 Likes on 6,277 Posts

Originally Posted by TOWERPC
Started in Ellicott City, MD and went to Milwaukee, WI to the Harley Museum. I've never been to WI but found it to be great riding with great friendly people. Rode the Lower Wisconsin River Road (Hwy 60) and then went up Hwy 35 along the Mississippi River to Lacrosse and then dropped down and rode all over Coon Valley. Coon Valley turned out to be a great place to ride with nice roads everywhere. Ended up stopping at a bar called Leo & Leona's off of Hwy 162, and there was a lot of history in that little place. Met some wonderful people (Keith and Jody) who owned a couple of cabins (Coulee Cabins) down the road on County Road P and stayed there one night and went back to Leo & Leona's for some great music by musicians, which some turned out to be owners of the bar. This was the last night of the trip and meeting these wonderful people and enjoying the history of the area made it a great ending to a great ride. If you are in the area I would highly recommend you ride in Coon Valley, stop at Leo & Leona's for a drink, and if you want to stay in the area for a few nights look up Coulee Cabins and stay there. You won't regret the great time you will have. One more thing, even the littlest side roads were well paved and smooth to ride on. I'm really impressed with the way WI takes care of their roads. And all of the Harley Dealerships we stopped at had wonderful, helpful people working there. They all had great ideas for great rides but we didn't have enough time to ride all of the areas we were told about. Maybe next time!

Cheeseheads! We work hard, we party hard and we are friendly and honest. Thanks for visiting! Escape to Wisconsin!