Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Need recomondation in Milwaukee..

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 08:35 PM
06 flstfise
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

just be forewarned that Milwaukee side streets suck. Lots of pot holes. From 13th I would go north to layton head east to Howell then go north on howell, it will turn into chase. Take that to 1st. On first is horny goat brewery, ok food but a really cool place to have a beer if it is warm out great outside bar. From there you can continue north to National. Head east to 6th street. On the corner of the round about is Conjetios. Great Mexican food. From there you can see the iron horse and just continue around the roundabout and the museum is across the bridge. If you want some more places to see or do let me know. If I am off work I can meet up with you and take you around. North of the city about 30 minutes is the holly hill area which has some great riding. If you see a sign for a rustic road take the road. Most are filled with twistys. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:17 AM
jay72
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Can't give e recommendation on where to stay but will tell you NOT to stay at Motel 6 by the airport. The room that we had smelled like ditry feet and dog sh**. Called corporate to complain and they just told me that they would look into it. Best W is just dow nthe sterr.estern

Old 08-10-2011, 10:20 AM
ceebaileys
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

take some pics! have good trip and ride safe!

Old 08-10-2011, 03:07 PM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigdady
The iron horse is the best place to stay. we stayed there in june and it was the best place i have ever stayed. the best customer service i have ever had
its a 6 star hotel all the way
Ditto...not cheap though. Biker Friendly - bike only parking out front - some of it is covered if you get there first, bike wash station and supplies, bike nights on Thursdays if I'm not mistaken. It's right across from the H-D Museum. http://www.theironhorsehotel.com/

Stayed there last year and i really enjoyed the hotel...had a great feel to it. I have stayed at some really nice places in my life, but this one was nice w/o being snooty and stuffy if you get my drift. They cater to bikers, people with pets, etc...a younger crowd and they have managed to be "hip" w/o the pretense. At least when I was there it felt that way. The lobby bar was always hopping.

When I travel by bike or car, I'm a Best Western, Hampton Inn kinda gal. Since I was staying in Milwaukee for a couple of days...decided to spring for the extra cost. It is well worth it if you can swing the cost. I wish I could remember what I paid...$180/night with AAA??? Something like that...

EDIT: Just went on their site and it appear the cheapest room next weekend is $255!! Maybe Hotels.com or some other discounter will have a better deal with them if there is availability!

Last edited by monstead; 08-10-2011 at 03:14 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:11 PM
BIACKBENZ
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Milwaukee is easy to get around. Even if you stay in the suburbs, getting to the museum is no big deal. Most, if not all downtown hotels have parking structures. The hotels near the airport are all in safe areas and offer the full range of price and accomodations. You want to add a tour of the Harley factory to your list. Hotels near the factory include: Hyatt Place, La Quinta and Hampton Inn all near Silver Spring and hwy 100. Milwaukee Harley is near that area too.