Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Shipwreck museum at Whitefish point MI.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 04:29 PM
bowa18
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Shipwreck museum at Whitefish point MI.

We're making a trip to the upper peninsula and plan on going to the shipwreck museum at Whitefish point. My question...is there a place to grab lunch up there or do you have to travel to another town? I didn't find anything on their website that mentions food/restaurant. Thanks for any info, Larry

Old 07-22-2011, 04:45 PM
AFMM3
Road Warrior
Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts

I was there about 2 weeks ago. I think I remember a town maybe 15 miles south of there. Pretty neat place but I remember the price to walk through the buildings seemed a little steep. Don't remember how much though.

Old 07-22-2011, 04:55 PM
mattman22033
Road Warrior

Definitely worth it to go, the price is worth history lesson. I think when I went my wife and I brought food with us.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:47 PM
Haywired
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The town of Pardise is a few miles south and has a couple restaurants.There is a concession in one of the buildings at the point that sells ice cream and fudge. I think they may have a few other things there. Down the road over by the upper Taquamenon falls there is a good restaurant with a micro brewery that was pretty good. It's not far from the point. Enjoy your ride up there.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:01 PM
bowa18
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Haywired
The town of Pardise is a few miles south and has a couple restaurants.There is a concession in one of the buildings at the point that sells ice cream and fudge. I think they may have a few other things there. Down the road over by the upper Taquamenon falls there is a good restaurant with a micro brewery that was pretty good. It's not far from the point. Enjoy your ride up there.
Thanks for the reply. I've been searching the web on restaurant info in that area and it seems they're pretty sparse up there. We're staying in St. Ignace and we're going to hit the Soo Locks, Shipwreck museum and the Taquamenon falls all on the same day.... just trying to plan the day and make sure there's somewhere to have lunch. Sounds like Paradise will be our best bet unless the museum serves sandwiches, etc. Looking forward to the trip, hopefully the weather will cooperate.... riding in the rain isn't much fun for the wife, or me for that matter. Thanks again, Larry

Old 07-23-2011, 06:23 AM
flhxkiller
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

stop at the Old Log Inn in Paradise, haven't been there in a few years but they used to have a pretty good burgers and white fish. And if you get a chance run H58 between Grand Marais and Munising, it's just been paved and runs thru the Picture Rocks Area. This is now one of the best roads in the UP IMO just bring your bugspray.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Haywired
Road Master

The last time we were there we ate at a red colored log place on the right going north across from the grocery store that was good. Stop at the Iriquois Point light house on your way up. They've done a very nice restoration. The fences around the yard are some of the neatest stone work around, beautiful flower beds, nice shoreline with a wooden walkway. To top it off you can climb the light tower. If you're making a day of it I would also suggest seeing both the upper and lower Taquemenon falls. Have Fun!

Old 07-24-2011, 07:37 AM
Weatheredge
Cruiser

Originally Posted by flhxkiller
stop at the Old Log Inn in Paradise, haven't been there in a few years but they used to have a pretty good burgers and white fish.P IMO just bring your bugspray.
Munising And if you get a chance run H58 between Grand Marais and Munising, it's just been paved and runs thru the Picture Rocks Area. This is now one of the best roads in the U, it's just been paved and runs thru the Picture Rocks Area

....if you headed west from there
Munising the Picture Rocks Area was cool Copper Harbor,(check out Jam Pot) Lake of the clouds in the Porkie Pine Mts. is eye candy-ride safe!