Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Georgia to Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 08:54 PM
bamarider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Made it to Indiana. Riding through Michigan was great! We traveled down Lake Michigan until we reached Battle Creek Michigan. Lots of bikes and we rode with quite a few. Made a lot of friends! None of the roads were a disappointment in Michigan!

First of all the Mackinaw Bridge was real cool! Riding those steel grates on the bridge would get your attention quick! The Legs Inn has to be my number 1 restaurant of all time. The Polish Beer was great! Almost to great! The food was fantastic and the restaurant itself was not what I was expecting. We had one great waitress and I could not understand a word she was saying. I just pointed and nodded. The scenery in the backyard overlooking Lake Michigan was truly amazing.

After leaving the Legs Inn we went through the Tunnel of Trees. Lots and lots of deers and black squirrels! We saw no less than 30 deer! With all the nice curves on this road you had to be very careful. Many times we stopped in the middle of the road and the deer would just look at you and not move. Keep in mine this road is narrow and it is a two lane road.

We stayed in Harbor Springs. Every Thursday they have a big party downtown. Bummer though no Polish Beer. When we decided to leave Harbor Springs we took 31 down south to Traverse City. Looking for somewhere unique to eat we stumbled on a place called HOGS. Great Breakfast and worth the stop.

One thing for sure is this is not my last trip up North!

Old 07-15-2011, 09:02 PM
bamarider
Tourer

Here is some pictures.

Attached Thumbnails Georgia to Wisconsin-gopr0505.jpg   Georgia to Wisconsin-gopr0610.jpg   Georgia to Wisconsin-img_0520.jpg   Georgia to Wisconsin-img_0509.jpg   Georgia to Wisconsin-img_0511.jpg  

Old 07-16-2011, 11:49 AM
FlyLow
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bama how much did the air temp drop when you were out in the middle of the bridge?
Can you imagine crossing her on a cool day?

Old 07-16-2011, 09:35 PM
bamarider
Tourer

Originally Posted by FlyLow
Bama how much did the air temp drop when you were out in the middle of the bridge?
Can you imagine crossing her on a cool day?
Big difference!