Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Trans-Canadian trip planning

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 07:39 PM
docsouce
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans-Canadian trip planning

I'd like to start planning this trip for next summer. I live in Rhode Island and figure I'll head up to Montreal then head west to the Canadian Rockies,Edmunton I think,then head south. Have any of you folks made this run? Any route suggestions? I'm thinking of leaving in mid August and giving myself 5 or 6 weeks of travel time. Any help is appreciated.

Old 10-28-2006, 07:08 AM
nighthawk
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Trans-Canadian trip planning

This past summer I rode from Detroit Michigan with my daughter and 2 buddies, I pulled a trailer and we camped all the way, headed north till over the Mackinaw bridge and then headed west, through Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota and then went up into Canada to Edmonton to pick up my buddies niece and then she rode with us up to Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise, that is where you get into the Rockies, absolutely breathtaking, then we continued to Kelona BC and spent some time with my other buddies brother. From there we headed South through Washington state over to Idaho and then down to Yellowstone Park. The wildlife we seen on this trip was amazing, everything from a prairie dog to a grizzly coming down the side of a hill. Had to ride through herds of Buffalo in Yellowstone. If you take this trip, don't miss Beartooth pass coming out of Yellowstone. We were so high we got off our bikes in the middle of July and had a snowball fight. From there we went through Montana then went to Sturgis, week before Rally, they were just setting up, not too much traffic and then from there all the way home. Put about 10,000 kilometers on the bike, as you can tell I am canadian, crossed back over to Canada from Detroit. When we got home my Buddies niece flew back to Edmonton. Absolutely the best trip I have ever taken. The people that we met on this ride were nothing short of fantastic in both Countries, can't wait for the next ride, planning the Grand Canyon next. Good luck on your ride, your going to have a blast.