Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Northwest ride, MT, ID, and WA

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Time2Cruise
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Northwest ride, MT, ID, and WA

Setting up a ride with the same friend that I did the Dragon and BRMP last year.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/road-...tory-long.html

Brief summary, he lives in Lincoln NE and I live in Utah. He and a couple of his friends are leaving NE on June 28th. I'm leaving the morning of the 29th and meeting them somewhere in the north middle part of Wyoming. Heading to Beartooth Pass from there. Then more north and west to Glacier and eventually to Idaho and then Washington, as far north as we can go. May get into Canada and will make it to the coast.

No set plans except for camping and hotels every second or third night. They have to be home on July 10th which puts me home about the 8th. Can't wait.

Last edited by Time2Cruise; 04-07-2011 at 12:48 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:57 PM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If you do break into Canada, you'll have wonderful riding if you follow the mountains north from Glacier NP. Banff/Lake Louise is just beautiful. Good to splurge and stay up there to enjoy the mountains Canadian style (in one of those old lodges). If you can make it up to Jasper, you will have the ride of your life.

But if getting to the coast is more of a priority, stay in ID and WA. Gas is cheaper, speed limits higher, and enforcement is lighter. WA is still plenty scenic even before you get to the Cascades, IMO. If you can swing it, WA 20 (North Cascades Hwy) is an amazing ride. Some great small towns up in the Okanagon, and a wonderful ride over the mountains. And then it takes you down the Skagit R to Anacortes, which is a fun place to relax.