Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Tail of the Dragon Accommodations?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 09:33 AM
kkbii
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the deals gap resort is pretty cool. You can watch all the idjits from your front porch.

Old 04-02-2011, 09:37 AM
tnharley7
Road Captain

The Miata group has a huge 700 car 3 day weekend every July at the Gap. There forum link attached describes all the lodging in the area. This probably would help you decide. Jerry

http://www.gapmiatas.com/forum/viewf...4a062f54439d02

Old 04-02-2011, 10:42 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,101 Likes on 3,649 Posts

The nice thing is you will be close to all the nice areas weather you want Microtel or others...Microtel is in town and there is a bit more stuff around...Mind you Robbinsville is very small...If you want to stay around where there is more to do (variety) stay in Maggie Valley/ Waynesville....more attractions and close to Asheville, BRP, Dragon, ETC......I like Ameneties... If you traielr down why not rent a cottage??? www.carolinamountainvacations.com this is who we have used for the past 4 times....real nice places....

If you can split the rent witrh someone it is the best...Mostly new looking cottages, log cabin....

Old 04-03-2011, 10:23 AM
oneroadking
Cruiser

I stayed at the Copperhead last aug. Nice place, bike friendly. Not crowded. I think they have cabins u can rent. I stayed at the lodge, Bands on weekend. they only have like 10 rooms at the lodge. I dont think i would stay there again. it was too quite

Old 04-03-2011, 03:42 PM
PPBART
Elite HDF Member
Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by birddog174
The Iron horse is a outstanding place to stay but is a little off the beaten path. Plus they have the best prime rib dinner I ever had.
+1 for the Iron Horse.

Old 04-04-2011, 02:58 PM
Nightrain04
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just booked 4 nights at the holiday motel at the end of June, hope its as good as the reviews I have read one here. Emailed them some questions and they were super quick with the replys

Old 04-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Candy Red Road Glide
Road Master

The Microtel is a pretty good place i would say they are motorcycle friendly maybe not to the extent of some of the others but definately not anti motorcycle...always a bunch there to gab at night if thats your thing.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,101 Likes on 3,649 Posts

I personally think from going up that way many times on busuness and for Riding pleasure that staying away from the Robbinsville area is much more convenient for me as i like to ride the entire NC/VA/TN area so closer to Asheville is nice for me...I like Amrion just east of Asheville....I don't really like the Biker campgrounds/cabins....I have been spoiled with cottages and Hampton Inns during the years.....It's all in what you like though...Not talking bad about all the M/C campgrounds ot cabins ....just ain't my thang....

Old 04-06-2011, 02:08 PM
moondog99
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are looking for a hotel or campground look at the dragons web page they have plenty of places listed. www.tailofthedragon.com

Old 04-06-2011, 09:44 PM
assaultthesalt
Cruiser

I have a question.Me and my better-half are riding up there the first week of August.We're probably gonna stay in Ashville and then head back southwest catching Moonshiner 28 and The Dragon.The question is.....the last evening in the Dragon area we are gonna stay somewhere that nite before heading back home,.......How is the availability of vacancies at the places to stay around that time of the year ?

Quick Reply: Tail of the Dragon Accommodations?