Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Best Food in Sturgis?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 06:49 PM
d&k77
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NoDeal
You're not going to find much high quality food in Sturgis itslef, mostly vendor and bar food. Still good, just nothing spectacular. If you want to hit a 5 star restaurant, the only one in the state is in Deadwood and owned by Kevin Costner. I don't recall the name and have never been, but heard about it. Lot's of restaurants in Rapid City.
That would be the Midnight Star. It is a fancy place with excellent food.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:36 PM
CaptJIM
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Alpine Inn in Hill City is awesome... Real good filet mignon for dinner and great German food for lunch.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:49 AM
Firebike32
Road Warrior
Received 142 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptJIM
Alpine Inn in Hill City is awesome... Real good filet mignon for dinner and great German food for lunch.
+1 on the Alpine Inn. Also Sanford's in Spearfish or The Roundhouse in Lead.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:19 AM
E N AZ
Road Captain

The length of the lines mostly determined where I ate. If I could find a place without lines out the door, that was the best place. I ate most of my meals in Spearfish.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:23 AM
rh8234
Elite HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

Be prepared for long waits for basic food. If what you are looking for is great food - go a week before Strugis starts and stay at Custer State park. They have a fantastic resteraunt. If you must go during the rally, just relax and enjoy the vendor food. Most of it is okay. It'll fill the piehole.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:39 AM
DeLuxeLady
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The Lodge at Custer State Park was awesome. We also had lunch on the rooftop of a bar in Hill City (love that place). I think it was the Bumping Buffalo or something like that. We also had an awesome breakfast buffet at the Spearfish Lodge (not sure if that was the name) right off the road (on the right) going North.

Old 02-19-2011, 01:13 PM
CWDoc115
Outstanding HDF Member

I didn't mean for this to be a search for 5* resteraunts, I am equally comfortable in a Waffle House & Ruth Chris Steak house... I was just looking for good places to grab food or places to stay away from while at sturgis. Lines out the door are a great way to get me to go the other way...

Old 02-19-2011, 02:24 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CWDoc115
Wife & I are going to Sturgis for the first time this year, so I asking you rally veterans one thing...
Who has the best breakfast, the best steak, the best chicken, & the best Bar B Que in Sturgis?
I think the answers you got pretty much fit the question. You said "best", so you got people's favorites. If that's too fancy for your tastes, there's a grocery store on Lazelle street where you can get a ring of baloney and a box of crackers than you can eat while sitting on the curb.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:36 PM
Droop
Cruiser

I discovered the best thing for breakfast is to hit any local civic orginzation or church offering a "biker breakfast" I tried the Sturgis high school, The Piedmont American Legion (includes coffee and they have a steak night) and the campground I stayed at Hog Heaven had a decent breakfast. I think it was 7 bucks any where you looked in town. It was my first time ever having biscuits and gravy. That stuff is delicious!

Old 02-26-2011, 11:01 PM
CaptJIM
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

You gotta hit the Powder House Lodge near Keystone for breakfast - yummmm! It is just north of downtown Keystone on 16A. It is on a hill too so you can hear the bikes real well as they power up and head north.

Quick Reply: Best Food in Sturgis?