Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

ride alone... meet up at end of day or sometime

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 01:19 PM
handyhoward
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default ride alone... meet up at end of day or sometime

I posted an answer on another post about long solo rides... instead of high jacking that post, I thought I would throw this idea out there and see what comes of it.

I would like to ride my long solo rides by myself, but would like to meet up with 1,2,or however many others at days end to kick back and hash over each of our days experiences.

I bring this up because I am leaving my home here in Fort Walton Beach, FL on June 20th and heading north to Milwaukee... further north to Lake Superior... west around Lake Superior Canadian side) to Sault Ste Marie... down to Traverse City... then back up to Sault Ste Marie... further along the north shore (Canadian side) of Lake Huron... to Manitoulin Island... ride the Island then catch the ferry to Bruce Peninsula... then on to Niagara Falls and back into the USA. Plan to ride down the Skyline to Blue Ridge Parkway... do the Tail of the Dragon... then on down the mountain ridges in Georgia... then on home.

Now the question is... is there anyone out there who is interested in participating in all or any part of this adventure?

Old 02-11-2011, 08:13 PM
npbaker
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Tail of the Dragon

Might be interested in meeting you at Tail of the Dragon. Or if scheduling is off, maybe Shenandoah. I'm in Southern Maryland and did Skyline Drive up there in the early fall with the wife. Beautiful place and great people, everywhere we went. It's only about 150 miles from me and have been looking to take some longer trips. I've been doing a little research on Tail of the Dragon and will be doing that sometime this year myself. Unfortunately I'm chained to a job and can't take that much time off to do long trips. Tail is about 550 miles for me and would be a good one but it would almost definitely need to accompany a weekend for me. Keep me in mind, and keep up on your itinerary and maybe we can plan something. I'm Nate, by the way and you can post message on my profile of you want. Keep the shiny side up!

Old 02-11-2011, 08:21 PM
tidbit1
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Your butt is gonna be sore. Take along the Monkey Butt Powder.

Ride safe

Old 02-11-2011, 08:49 PM
handyhoward
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tidbit1
Your butt is gonna be sore. Take along the Monkey Butt Powder.

Ride safe
Nah... I have been blessed with an iron ***. Never has bothered me to ride all day for days at a time.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:49 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 501 Likes on 259 Posts

If you select "motorcycle friendly" places as lodging..... you'll pretty much wind up doing the same thing.
Go do your solo thing. Find your lodging....settle in,
Join the folks milling about, and BSing about their day's ride. I've gotten. and have shared a lot "tips" that way.

On the "down side".... they might not all be Harley riders..... but that's OK with me