Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

bikes blues and bbq

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 09:09 PM
harleyiron80
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bikes blues and bbq

is anyone going or has been there is it worth the trip

Old 02-05-2011, 09:31 PM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Been there, had a blast. Good riding around there as well.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:50 PM
WrenchinRider
Tourer
Received 98 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Bbb

I went a couple years ago and had great time. Lot's of great riding in NW. Arkansas. Only downside I saw was that most of the music seemed to be more Rock than blues. Don't get me wrong, the music was great. I was hoping it would be mostly blues bands. Overall a good time. Prices to me did'nt seem nearly as high as say Sturgis,or Daytona. Traffic not to bad most of the time.

Old 02-06-2011, 05:55 AM
snakeinthegrass
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A great event and even more enjoyable riding area. Prices were reasonable and traffic was not bad at all. Make sure you do the Pig Trail ride and Eureka Springs. Stayed at the La Quinta in Springdale, AR., reasonable rates and in the middle from everything. Make sure, if you go, to do the Pig Trail ride and Eureka Springs. No comparison to Sturgis but it is growing every year. I would suggest making reservations early, like 6 months out. In my opinion the Fall BB&BBQ is the better event ( they have an event in the Spring with a similar name but not near as good as the Fall event).

Last edited by snakeinthegrass; 02-06-2011 at 06:05 AM.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:07 AM
Lakerat
Road Warrior
Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

55 miles from my shop to Dickson Street, so I'm there every day. I'm sure it's not quite the party you will find at Sturgis or Daytona but we enjoy the bikes and people. The only passable BBQ we have found in Fayetteville is Penguin Ed's not far off Dickson Street. AQ Chicken is another place we will ride over for anytime.
The ralley gives the local college girls an excuse to dress slutty, so bring your camera. It seemed like the vendor count was down last year, probably from the financial conditions, but still plenty to see and there just don't seem to be any bad rides in NW Arkansas. Ride maps are available in several locations.
Police are for the most part pretty cool, but if you go overboard with wanting to make noise, you will get all the attention you are looking for.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went a couple of years ago, and like the others have said the riding overshadows the rally.

And if you go, look for a little restaurant outside Garfield called "Across the Creek". They do all-you-can-eat seafood that's crazy good. It was almost worth the trip all by itself. http://across-the-creek.net/

Old 02-09-2011, 01:53 PM
truedat
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking into going to this rally this year. Are there any campgrounds close to the rally? I am looking for the rowdy party camp grounds if one exists!
Thanks

Old 02-09-2011, 04:46 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by truedat
I am looking into going to this rally this year. Are there any campgrounds close to the rally? I am looking for the rowdy party camp grounds if one exists!
Thanks
It's right in the middle of a major college town, so don't get the wrong idea that it's out in the country somewhere.. I think the American Legion sells campsites at their place. The year I went I camped in somebody's yard.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:47 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

We went this fall, camped at the American Legion for $20 a night for tents. Ate at Penguin Ed's and like Lakerat said it is very good, it just took us a minute to figure out you had to order by calling in your order with the phone thats at every table.
This event is more family oriented, we didn't see anything slutty at all!! And we were looking. Theres a train in town that takes you out to a bunch more venders, good food every were, friendly bikers every were for the most part. The cops were cool, but they did pull over a 9 yr old riding his own mini streched chopper that matched his dads that he was following down main street! That was a head turner. And the riding around the area was great, I would recomend this rally to anyone and plan on going again this year. Its a good starter rally if you've never been to one and want to see if rallies are for you or not,IMHO.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:51 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Ive been the last 3 years and plan to go again this year. Good times and great riding.

Quick Reply: bikes blues and bbq