Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Motorcycle Tour Companies

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Cajun King
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fishcop
This is really a personal choice. Normally for our small group of riders I do most of the planning, routes, places to stay and sight seeing destinations. However, for my wifes birthday I decided to do a guided tour of Southern AZ. I contacted the Twisted Trails company. They were also featured in American Iron mag. (good reviews). We decided on a 3 day 2 night tour through Tucson, Tombstone and Bisbee az. The tour package include some meals all lodging maps and entry to all sightseeing places. The owner of the company was very helpful and friendly. He said that his tours are planned to give the rider a different look and ride than the usual route. In other words, back roads, and unusual off the beaten path places. Unfortunately, we did not get to go on the tour. Due to weather and some cancellations they were forced to cancel the tour. Any monies paid were immediately refunded. But my point in all this, is yes you can do it yourself, it cost less that way but for a one time thing or for a special occasion I think it is worth it to do something special. Just my humble opinion. Anyone interested in tours in Southwest check out Twistedtrails.com.
My wife and I have booked Twisted Trailz for a 7 day 6 night tour of all Az. in May. It is our 25th wedding anniversary and we have never been to Az. I always wanted to see the Grand canyon from a bike. I have heard a lot of good things about this company and American Iron Magazine is doing this tour with us. I know it is going to be top shelf ride since Twisted Trailz will be featured in an article in the magazine. I'll let ya'll know when we get back how it goes.

Last edited by Cajun King; 01-11-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:49 AM
fishcop
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default guided tours

Cajun King, please keep us posted. I was really bummed that we didn't get to go. Ron seemed like a real super guy and I'm betting his tours are full of memories.

Old 01-14-2011, 05:04 AM
katobird
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Information is free here..
I've searched , asked questions, etc etc....

Great bunch in here...

GPS, search, you'll be surprised what you can put together for a good trip from here

Old 01-15-2011, 10:42 AM
Road-end
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have one guy that we run with who likes to do all the planing,
this is good, when we go on a trip i don't what to think. Not to say we may change things when we get out on the road, but last year when we did a 17 day ride
When we got up in the moring we got on the gps found out what was avilable that night in the area we were going to stay at made a phone call and we were on are way, It work out great

Old 01-18-2011, 06:54 PM
AtticusFinch
Road Warrior
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

I frequently travel with a group in which someone else does most of the planning. It's not a bad way to go. This is not a paid deal, just some friends, but one or two of the other guys do most of the planning. I do some research on the forum and other places and give my input, but somebody else is responsible for synthesizing everyone's input and planning the actual route. If you don't have a friend who can or will put a ride together, I guess I don't see anything wrong with paying someone to do it.

I have to agree with the comments on here, though, about the quality of the tour operator making all the difference.