Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Hog FLY & RIDE will change for 2011

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 10:14 PM
mea4dxl
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Hog FLY & RIDE will change for 2011

From what Hog told me, Fly and ride will change. they said something like you have to rent from the dealership in the area you wish to go. And the price and insurance cost will go up. wtf ..... anyone know the deal with this ?

Old 12-24-2010, 08:12 PM
fishcop
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fly an Ride

You are correct. The program has been discontinued. You maybe lucky and able to work out a deal with a dealer but no guarrantee. I am very disappointed in HOG and will not be renewing next year. They have also taken our dues money and used it to sponsor a bike racer (it was in last issue of HOG). That is stupid, I understand the MOCO doing that but benefit do us members get from this.......nothing. Anyway sorry but yes the Fly and Ride program as we knew it is over.

Old 12-24-2010, 10:17 PM
mea4dxl
Intermediate

It sucks. ..............

Old 12-25-2010, 07:36 AM
flhxkiller
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I've always just rented from a dealer when in AZ every year in the fall. Never had any problems, just shop around for prices,as some dealers can be alot more pricey than others in the same area. Just another reason to drop my HOG membership now, although some dealers will give you a discount if you're a HOG member.

Old 12-25-2010, 08:34 AM
Harley Guy
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have always rented from a dealership in the area where I am going. I dont need the fly portion.

IMO, this is not that much of a change - you will only have to do more work to set up your vacation. Really, not a big deal.

Old 12-30-2010, 06:09 PM
Tripleshot
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to kona ,Hawaii and rented a classic for $105 for all day. Because of that one rental,I bought an ultra this year. My dealership does not have rentals, but I'm working on some tough persuasion to have e rental kiosk at our new airport.

Old 12-30-2010, 06:34 PM
jeffbarb17
Road Captain

Try this place....it has cheap rates....let's you fly in...ride....and fly home from a different location.
You have to be flexible.....but there are some great pick up and drop of locations.....and the list of places always changes....

http://www.eaglerider.com/hot-deals/onewayspecials.aspx

Old 01-08-2011, 12:42 PM
henlan
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Angry HOG Ends FLY and RIDE!

This is terrible and trashes one of the most valuable things about a HOG membership! I am planning a trip to Alaska for a week- It would have been $100 per day to rent. NOW it will be in excess of double that!

Eagle Rider prices are in excess of $150 and they are Plus Plus (Insurance riders, and other fees).

With HOG $100 was it.

I am VERY disappointed.

I am ready for a letter writing campaign or petition or whatever...

Old 01-08-2011, 12:45 PM
henlan
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Harley Guy
I have always rented from a dealership in the area where I am going. I dont need the fly portion.

IMO, this is not that much of a change - you will only have to do more work to set up your vacation. Really, not a big deal.
=======================================

It was called "Fly and Ride" but they didn't help with the rest of your tour or airline reservations. There was no "Fly" part- it was just the name. And the change is HUGE- it doubles what we would have paid as HOG members in the past.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:49 PM
mea4dxl
Intermediate

Thanks HD. for taking a good thing away from us.

Quick Reply: Hog FLY & RIDE will change for 2011