Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Hog FLY & RIDE will change for 2011

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 12:14 PM
msgtbob
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are going to Kona and our hopes of doing to Fly and Ride are much disappointed. I agree with the other posters about this erosion of benefits. Why did I ever become a Lifetime member just ot have this happen. Called Club Hog to see if this was for real and voice my unhappiness so after listening to a recording for 5 minutes then pushing some buttons and waiting another 3 minutes I get some wasted minimum wage flunky that could care less wether the FLy and Ride program ever existed. She transferred me to her coordinator who had the day off so I left a voice mail. Will see what happens but if she calls back will most likely only get some prerecorded hogwash doublespeak like our politicians are know for.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:25 PM
doctorbob
6th Gear

This is a huge disappointment and now if we want to Fly & Ride we will have to dig deepr into our pocket books. I have checked with a few dealers and they are charging HOG members the same as anyone who walks in off the street. So much for the Lifetime Membership. Wish now I had stuck with year by year at least I could drop my membership and voice my opinion monetarily or lack of by not being a HOG member. Fly and Ride my ***! CLUB HOG go f**k yourself and don't waste my money sponsoring anyone since you won't sponsor the FLY and RIDE. Yea I'm pissed.

Last edited by doctorbob; 04-12-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:07 PM
Scubamike
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes the HOG Fly and Ride program as we knew it is no longer. Now like said before you have to call and arrange your rental thru the dealer and hope they give you a little break in the normal rental rate but it will be far from the $100 per day or $600 per week domestically we had with the original program. I called and spoke to a nice lady at HOG (I do not know her name) and expressed my displeasure as I have done three rentals from the Fly and Ride program and really enjoyed it and it was a overall good deal. Now it will be quite a bit more. The HOG employee stated that they were going to have to restructure how it was done due to increased cost. Which I think most of us could accept an increase but to basically just turn it over to the individual dealer is total Bulls**t. I did renew for this year my HOG membership but may just be done with HOG in 2012. I would say take the time and call and express you displeasure and atleast they will know why the membership may drop in the future.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:52 PM
dub976
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man this sucks. the wife and i did our honeymoon last year on a harley thanks to the fly and ride. looks like i wont be renewing this july. the discount on the rental paid for the membership itself in no time at all. the fly and ride was the only reason I have a hog membership.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Vee Rod 03
Advanced
Angry

Originally Posted by dub976
man this sucks. the wife and i did our honeymoon last year on a harley thanks to the fly and ride. looks like i wont be renewing this july. the discount on the rental paid for the membership itself in no time at all. the fly and ride was the only reason I have a hog membership.
I did the same 4yrs ago! Divorced now but had a great time riding the Vegas area. I was a member for the same reason! I'm going to calling them and let them know that it sucks.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:26 AM
msgtbob
Novice
Default Fly and Ride Dealers now authorized by Harley to Screw HOG members

My wife and I have this huge vacation planned on the Big Island of Hawaii. A few years ago we went to Kauai and rented an Ultra Classic. So we had our hearts set on renting again. However we discovered that the Fly and Ride Program was nixed. From the HOG Member web site I located and Big Island Harley Davidson rentals (808 831-2614) and spoke with Tim. Tim stated that the Fly and Ride program was cancelled however since I was Lifetime HOG member and a Fly and Ride refugee that he could give me a 20% discount. Tim stated that the regular price to rent a 2011 Harley Electra Glide Classic for two days was $487.94. However since I was a HOG member he would give me a 20% discount, He never asked for my HOG number or my wife’s HOG number. The price I was charged for a 2 day rental was $405.02. I felt like we were getting screwed in the shorts but I did not want this to wreck our planned vacation so I took the two day rental for $405.02 - ouch!

Old 04-14-2011, 01:26 PM
Harley Guy
Road Captain

Originally Posted by henlan
=======================================

It was called "Fly and Ride" but they didn't help with the rest of your tour or airline reservations. There was no "Fly" part- it was just the name. And the change is HUGE- it doubles what we would have paid as HOG members in the past.
Thanks for the clarification.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:03 AM
XSKIPRO
Advanced

@MSGTBOB

Have you thought about EagleRiders.
http://www.eaglerider.com/?gclid=COq...Fcod4QodBwirHg

Back in 2008 a couple of friends and I rented in Chicago and dropped off in San Fran.

40th midlife crissis thing ..LOL

Anyway they were really good to deal with and the bikes were brand new that year.

Price is $149 per day might get you out under what HD is charging.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:32 AM
CarrollB
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I never used the ride and fly but had wanted to if my wife decided to ride with me. It is not worth $40 a year to get a $10 road atlas and a magazine that is mostly ads for Harely. I had been debating on renewing my membership and now that decision has been made easier.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:53 PM
spacelord
Tourer

Yeah the Fly n Ride was really the only reason I kept my HOG membership at all. It expires this month and i probably won't renew. I have used the roadside assistance once. In fact after that I upgraded to the better towing package. What are other people using for tow insurance?

I will call them and let them know why I'm not renewing

Quick Reply: Hog FLY & RIDE will change for 2011