Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Which would YOU choose and why?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 12:15 PM
ulev1st
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which would YOU choose and why?

Daytona or Strugis? I have never been to a big rally or event..I don't do a lot of touring but I am planning on getting into it more now that I have a nicer bike..If you had to choose between the two...which would you choose...I have been to "The Springfield Mile" and had a blast...looking forward to my next big trip.

Old 12-22-2010, 12:44 PM
BB4xl
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sturgis. The west is the best. FLA is nice, but for roads and scenery I would take the West. Just my opinion. I like Mountains.

Old 12-22-2010, 02:15 PM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 5,295 Likes on 1,585 Posts

Sturgis.

Daytona is fun, riding in Florida is OK. It's nice to get someplace warmer in the Winter.

But Sturgis has it all. Parties, scenery, long rides, short rides. Black Hills is spectacular. Rushmare, Crazy Horse, Needles, Custer SP, Devil's Tower, and on and on.

Also consider Laconia. Great rides, great scenery, great parties.

Old 12-22-2010, 02:25 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

Never been to either, but have been to Fla many times.....but knowing whats down there, I'd pick Sturgis if for no other reason than the great ride to and from, and around Sturgis.

Old 12-22-2010, 02:52 PM
Nabubba
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have to go with Sturgis the riding there just looks fantastic. Planning on going in 2012 as I get another week of vacation that year and can put 2 weeks together....lol

Old 12-22-2010, 04:35 PM
mastery
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sturgis for the scenery. I'm not a fan of big crowds of people in lines for food, urinals, booze, or anything else though. But, I'm still planning on doing it once, so I can get it out of my system, and move on to other "bucket list" rides I'd like to do.

Old 12-22-2010, 05:41 PM
ptl203
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Been to Daytona, too much of a swap meet stylin for me...I want to do Sturgis one day. Plus, Florida was freakin cold last year during that week

Old 12-22-2010, 05:59 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Daytona ain't all that as far as riding or scenery goes.

Old 12-22-2010, 06:23 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

I like the rides in Sturgis but the bikers that go there all seem to be on a power trip, makes me laugh. I love to go the Daytona because everyone is having a good time, not much for scenic riding though. So, do you want to go to a rally to leave and ride all day or go to a rally to be around bikes and people who enjoy bikes? Both are a good time I just spend three times as much money in Sturgis but on the plus side i put three times as many miles on while visiting the surrounding area in Sturgis. Daytona is were I have more fun but spend more time off my bike than on, but I never paid $7 for a beer in Daytona like you do in some of the bigger bars in Sturgis. Just depends what your looking to do at your first big rally, ride at day (like you can do at home) or do the swap meet/ biker party thing and see three times as many bikini's. Both make for a good time, my choice is Daytona.

Old 12-22-2010, 06:24 PM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Sturgis for the rides. Spearfish canyon is really awesome. Needles highway many other great rides. We went and didnt participate in the parties only the riding, but would go back anytime.

Quick Reply: Which would YOU choose and why?