Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Last ride of the season today

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010 | 06:37 PM
Ozoneman
|
Road Warrior
Default Last ride of the season today

Well, it looks like we got our last ride of the season in today. Our group got one more ride in today, taking a loop down around Brown and Jackson counties in Indiana. We didn't see the sun much, but it was warm enough and didn't rain. Of course we hit one of our remote country restaurants down that way. Hitchin Post on route 58 has some good food and some really good homemade pies and cakes. Hawaiian cheese cake anyone?

We did around 200 miles on some nice twisty curves and then got back in time for the Colts game. Forecast calls for the next few weeks to have highs in the 30s and 40s (don't see any warm weather in the long term forecast) so I put the Sta-Bil in the tank and filled it right before reaching home. Hooked the battery tender up. Tomorrow I wipe her down and put the cover on for the winter. How sad!

Old 11-22-2010 | 08:14 AM
SUPRPIG
Road Master

Condolences.... I fortunately rode my Bike to Hilton Head Island to store for the winter at friends and am currently through the last of the month to enjoy. I'll be back for Christmas/New Years. In fact I am sitting here deciding where to go today. I am leaning to Savannah riverfront. Life is good.

Old 11-22-2010 | 06:53 PM
Ozoneman
|
Road Warrior

That is a good idea! Maybe I can do something like that when I retire at the end of December. I could leave it in Jacksonville Beach, Florida each winter with my wife's family.

Old 11-22-2010 | 09:03 PM
yellowsporty
Intermediate

May have been my last ride today, 42 degrees, did about 60 miles. Hoping for one last mild day here in kansas-Good Luck huh

Old 11-22-2010 | 10:46 PM
tphillips
Road Warrior

One of the reasons I enjoy being in Texas... Year 'round riding, and am planning on a 300 mile day this Friday - to work off the culinary assault from the day before, and to avoid anything that remotely looks like a store!!!

Old 11-23-2010 | 07:43 AM
SUPRPIG
Road Master

Originally Posted by Ozoneman
That is a good idea! Maybe I can do something like that when I retire at the end of December. I could leave it in Jacksonville Beach, Florida each winter with my wife's family.
Ahh... Jacksonville, home of the "Blue Lighted Bridge" and the water taxis, very cool. Added advantage, you can attend Bike Week in February with your Bike.

Old 11-23-2010 | 09:00 AM
jpr8r
Road Captain

Sunday (between church and church) I took my last ride of the season. I rode to the regional airport at Minford for a FlyBoy burger and fries and met some really nice people out for the same reason -- enjoying time instead of wasting it! What a beautiful, beautiful day to ride.

Old 11-23-2010 | 06:46 PM
Chaz in TN
Road Captain

Sorry to hear that......but congrats on the retirement! I am green with envy!

Old 11-23-2010 | 07:03 PM
Ozoneman
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Chaz in FL
Sorry to hear that......but congrats on the retirement! I am green with envy!
Thanks! Yeah, they offered an early retirement deal that is hard not to accept.

Old 11-23-2010 | 10:35 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by tphillips
One of the reasons I enjoy being in Texas... Year 'round riding, and am planning on a 300 mile day this Friday - to work off the culinary assault from the day before, and to avoid anything that remotely looks like a store!!!
I hear ya' on the year-round riding... but just how does riding 300 miles enable you to work off the feast?

Quick Reply: Last ride of the season today