Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Branson MO area

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 12:44 AM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Branson MO area

Hey guy, there's a group of five or so of us that take 1 road trip each year. This year it was Sturgis, last year it was "The Tail" etc... We're planning on going to Branson next year and am looking for good rides, restaurants, bike friendly places for next year. If anybody's got any good advice, please chime in. Thanks, Jeff.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:35 PM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Check out some of the road trips listed in this sub-forum, specifically for the Ozarks and N/W Arkansas area. Also, contact the Harrison, AR Chamber of Commerce which has a pamphlet with rides laid out in the area.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:44 PM
dylder
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About 30 miles N of Branson near Springfield, try Lammerts (throwed rolls) tourist spot but good food, and lots of it. Springfield also has the home of the Bass Pro Shop.

dw

Old 11-02-2010, 12:00 PM
gsimerma@amfam.com
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A day trip to Eureka Springs AR would make a good ride. Very biker friendly just watch the noise. There is a very cool wooden suspension bridge just outside of town. I don't remember exactly where it is but the locals could give directions. Go through Kimberling City on your way there or back.

Old 11-02-2010, 03:55 PM
mervt198
Cruiser

Try Root Hog Rally in Grassy Mo.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:04 PM
BbIaKbEeR
Intermediate
Talking

i live just west of Branson. biker friendly restaurant is Rowdy Beaver, located at the Landing is the worlds only floating Harley store (retail only), of course the shows. never been my thing though. lots of zip lines to chose from, my recommendation is the Vigilante located at the Shephard of the Hills. definately make a day trip to Eureka Springs, nice roads all around. need more detail pm me and can give more re: curvy to not so curvy roads and where to stay according to when you'll be here. dont trust the chamber here, they have no clue what biker friendly means.

Old 11-03-2010, 11:42 AM
#1rocketman
Road Captain

Hey Jeff,we live east of Branson in south central Missouri.Like some of the guys here said,there's quite a bit to see in the area .I'm really not into the "shows" or the golf courses but more into the scenic area. Tkae a ride over to Kimberling City and stop at the Throttle Down Inn and bar.Neat *** place that caters to the bikers.Meet the owners,they're super nice people! Definately ride on down the Eureka Springs.Personally I'd rather go to Eureka than Branson but that depends on what you wanna see.They're alot of biker friendly motels in Eureka.One is the Iron Horse Stables east of town.This part of northern Ar. and souther Mo. is known for the great rides,including the Pigs Trail.Pick a good biker weekend there and you won't be dissapointed.Word of advice....don't pick the rainbow weekend! Dependin on which way you're coming from, you might wanna ride over to Bull Shoals lake,take a ride across the ferry. My daughters inlaws own both the marinas on each side of the ferry,Buckcreak marina and the 125 marina. They have everything from fishing boats to a bigass house boat for rentals.Need any other info,pm me.

Old 11-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Fathertime500
Tourer

Go back to the tail or through the Blue Ridge Parkway. I was disappointed in Branson after the tail a year before. To each his own I guess. Eureka Springs area a lot better with less tourists. Have fun and stay safe whereever you go.

Old 11-05-2010, 08:58 AM
Marathon_Rat
6th Gear
Default Missouri Hick BBQ

I rode down from Michigan to Branson in August and on the way down, I decided to ride part of Route 66 through Missouri and found this BBQ place on the way. Good food and friendly people. It's no where near Branson, but depending on which way you go, would make a nice place to stop for lunch.

Missouri Hick BBQ
913 East Washington Street, Cuba, MO 65453-1951