Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

HOG Membership Roadside Assistance

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 01:50 PM
mrmarklin
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Fatboy Spade
I had to use the towing service this summer. I got a flat tire 60 miles from my preferred dealer. Tow truck showed up after 2 hrs. Cost and additional $100. Great service at Wilkin HD in Barre Vt. It took less time to get a new tire installed than for the wreaked to show up.
Had a similar experience. Dead battery in the parking lot at work, and I was by myself. Took more time to wait for the tow truck than it took to deal with it at the dealership.

Realistically, all these tow services rely on contractors especially in remote areas, and the service you get is dependent on how busy the tow service is in the area of you call. In my case above, I'm in a large metropolitan area, and tow trucks are busy all the time. So how long you wait is very dependent on how your luck is.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:52 PM
Big L
Road Warrior

Received 161 Likes on 128 Posts

On the way to Sturgis in 05 and bottomed out the Dyna and ripped a corner of the the oil pan off in Illinois. Was 15 miles from my mom's house and 20 to the nearest dealership. Of course dealership was closed, tow truck showed up with flat bed truck. Tow truck guy called a buddy of his who worked for the dealer and he opened up the garage and took my bike in. Tow guy then took me and dropped me off at mom's, all it cost me was a signature. Next morning dealership did'nt have a oil pan in stock but they had a Dyna on consignment and took that pan off and replaced it with mine and we were back on the road. Great experience with them and got back on the road quick.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:32 PM
davey019
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 52 Posts

I have not had to use it yet, but I just pay the $50 to be a hog member. I would suppose you get some sort of service from just being a basic member?

Old 11-15-2010, 01:37 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey, I think this is the first time anybody has ever brought this up!

Old 11-25-2010, 08:50 PM
VTK
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Live in San Jose and rode to Santa Cruz for the day with some buddies. Long story short my bike wouldn't start. Poor guys even tried to jump start me. Nothing. Called the number on the back of the card and waited with buds for about 35 minutes. Guy shows up with a flatbed, smiles and says "If I get it started can I ride it?" Then laughs and says he's joking. Hell, I might have let him ride it. Anyway he says he can take me to the local dealer. I was okay with it because I had few options. Then he asks where I live. I tell him and next thing you know we're on the way to my house, friends in tow. Got to my house and he said he would write off the extra miles as part of his lunch. I tossed him a couple 20's and he went one way and I went another. I don't leave home without it.

edited: the 'Full' membership you get when buying a bike doesn't include hotel/motel or car rental. But it is an option like someone pointed out.

Last edited by VTK; 11-25-2010 at 09:11 PM.