Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Myrtle Beach Camping?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 05:05 PM
Gregjc68
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Myrtle Beach Camping?

I am planning on riding to the spring rally Most of the campgrounds on the Myrtle Beach Bike week Page are listed as family camping. I am looking for somewhere i can pitch a tent, Ride for the day and return to music and fun at the campground have a few beers and walk, stumble, or craw back to my tent. Any Suggestions?

Old 10-24-2010, 05:14 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Alot of the campgrounds won't let you ride your bike to your site and will make you park it in a designated area. For Ocean Lakes, that designated area could be half a mile from your campsite. Ocean lakes is huge ! I believe Pirate Land is about the same. Apache may let you rride to the site but I didn't like their attitude. Was paying for a site and they wanted to charge to walk out on their pier. Myrtle Beach rv resort not sure. Best thing for any of the campgrounds would be to pull up their website and send them an email and ask.

Sorry I could not be more help

Old 10-24-2010, 07:22 PM
ae4782tt
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hunington Beach State Park in Murells Inlet is one of the best State Parks I have ever been to. It's just south of Myrtle Beach, in a different County and has always been very biker friendly. I have stayed there many times (in a tent) and never had any problems about drinking. I know there is a law about drinking alcohol on the beach itself, but nothing I know of says you can't drink at the campground. Keep it cool, pour your beer or whatever in a cup, keep your cooler in the tent and you will have no problems.

http://huntingtonbeachsc.org/camping.shtml

Old 10-24-2010, 10:04 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by ae4782tt
Hunington Beach State Park in Murells Inlet is one of the best State Parks I have ever been to. It's just south of Myrtle Beach, in a different County and has always been very biker friendly. I have stayed there many times (in a tent) and never had any problems about drinking. I know there is a law about drinking alcohol on the beach itself, but nothing I know of says you can't drink at the campground. Keep it cool, pour your beer or whatever in a cup, keep your cooler in the tent and you will have no problems.

http://huntingtonbeachsc.org/camping.shtml

The Hunington Beach State Park in Murells Inlet is the only campground i have ever used in Myrtle but thats because it is so nice and cheap! Close to a bunch of bars but no bands at the camping area itself. A few times ive been there they have had groups putting on free pancake breakfast.
And they don't have any issue riding your bike to your site.