Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

PA to Key West and back

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 11:55 AM
pt4u2nv
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default PA to Key West and back

Just got home from a 4,367 mile trip from Pa to Key West, over to Daytona for Biketoberfest and back home. Holy sh$$ what a great ride and fantastic weather all 16 days.... no rain at all !!!! Wife did it with me and she loved every mile of the trip. Down the east coast to get to Key West then up the Gulf Coast to Port Richie and east to Daytona. Did lots of riding in FL and then back home. Left at approx 8:00 from Daytona and arrived at home in South Central Pa at 11:15 that same night.....920 miles in 15 1/2 hrs. Did not even think about the Iron Butt Club until the next day.....could have accomplished that really easy with the wife along no less. She loved it and claims she would do the whole trip again in a heartbeat. What a great wife !!!

Old 10-21-2010, 03:25 PM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts

Sounds like a great time and sounds like the wife enjoyed it as well..very important..by the way if that is your wife in your avatar, Please tell her my bike needs cleaning..

Old 10-21-2010, 04:18 PM
bentryder
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,426 Likes on 2,201 Posts

Sounds like a great ride.....just got back from a trip myself and......my bikes alittle dirty too!

Old 10-21-2010, 04:26 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

The water in the keys is absolutley beautiful. especially around 7 mile bridge. We went last thanksgiving. I'm ready to go again. Wife like that is a trooper and a keeper, especially if she cleans the bike dressed like that.

Old 10-22-2010, 04:55 PM
Chaz in TN
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Florida has a lot to offer. We went down to the keys a few months back. I hope you had enough time to sample some of the local cuisine. What bike did you take....surely not the chopper?

Old 10-23-2010, 07:45 AM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

Been to the Keys the last two years during bike week down there great time and ride. Glad ya had a good time. And S Central Pa? Where? Altoona here.

Old 10-23-2010, 08:59 AM
TFTom
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PA To florida and Back

I gew up in Altoona and use to make that trip down to Daytona and the Keys for bike week in the mid 70's many times. That was before it became Daytona trailer week. ******* and beer. Too watered down now. The ride home was always interesting... we knew we where gettin close to the mountains on the way back when your beard froze up! Can't beat central PA for the fall colors though. Still miss the fall up there but Florida is home.

Tom

Old 10-23-2010, 10:10 AM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

been to the keys every year for the last 8 years...i dont understand it... but man..i love that place, when i retire, i think im gona buy a place down there.. and just do laps on US1.. and run over scootrers on duval st.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:29 AM
pt4u2nv
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Chaz in FL
Florida has a lot to offer. We went down to the keys a few months back. I hope you had enough time to sample some of the local cuisine. What bike did you take....surely not the chopper?
No, not the Chopper. Took the SG down and it was fantastic . No back pain, sore butt or any other of the problems associated with long rides. A friend that we stayed with at the KOA in Daytona for bike week was going to haul the chopper down for me but he had another friend ask for a haul back so I gave up my spot on the trailer to help him out.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:31 AM
pt4u2nv
Road Captain

Originally Posted by cdestuck
Been to the Keys the last two years during bike week down there great time and ride. Glad ya had a good time. And S Central Pa? Where? Altoona here.
Good ole York.

Quick Reply: PA to Key West and back