Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

bikes,blues and BBQ,fayetteville AR,sept.2010

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 02:00 PM
Skeedaddy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanx!

Thanks CruzN! Really looks like a perfect place to ride. Not sure if we can work it in on our return ride to Texas tho....

Old 09-30-2010, 03:33 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Go here for "all you an eat" seafood, including your choice of hot or cold crablegs. This place is awesome.

http://*******.com/2cjl87s

Old 10-03-2010, 07:33 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Me and my buddy got back last night, had a great time. The 40 deg weather was enough to convince my buddy to get some chapps! 940 miles there and back, might have to go up again next year!

Last edited by hd_rolling; 10-03-2010 at 09:18 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:25 PM
Poacher13
Road Master

I just got back myself. WHAT A BLAST this year.
Bike broke down first thing Friday morning. Worked
on it all day to get it going. Back in business
about 8 that night. Other than that was a great
time.

My buddies wife won 2nd place in Sat. poker
run. I got a crap hand. But what a pretty ride it
was.

Old 10-03-2010, 02:02 PM
Lakerat
Road Warrior
Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Rode over there 3 days and took a different route each day over, but the short route home each night. So many options for good rides in the area.
Happy to hear you enjoyed the Sat. route. We do have some good riding here in Oklahoma but I still tend to ride a lot in Arkansas. I plan to head up to the Mule Barn this afternoon, one of my favorite rides in our area. We run up HWY 10 enough that the dogs don't even bark at us anymore.

Last edited by Lakerat; 10-03-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:59 PM
Poacher13
Road Master

I was at the Mule Barn yesterday.
That is a pretty stretch of rode.
Had never been out that way before.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Turbo Turtle
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I had a marvelous time for going up by myself. Luckily I stayed with friends in Lowell.
I missed King Tony, Landers Harley's own stunt man. Watching the guy is something to behold. And I missed the barrel riding guy who performs at Sturgis, and the BBQ itself. But I don't think I could have had more fun anywhere. The twisties got a good work out going up and coming back, but I made no day rides while there.
I will most definitely return next year a little wiser and better prepared.

aka Bob

Old 10-08-2010, 06:03 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Being our first time, my buddy and i just walked Dixon st mostly. I look forward to checking out a little more next year. We spent the night camping at the American legion who also had a band inside that was very good.

The night before we arrived some crooks came into the camping area and made off with anything not secured, jackets, coolers, etc.. Pretty brave to come into a camping area with nothing but drunk bikers and take there beer! One poor guy had his brown leather davey crocket jacket taken, he was so upset he decided to leave as we were getting there and gave us all his beer tickets to get free beer at the gardens. We took off out saddle bags and kept them in the tent with us, didnt feel like taken any chances. Over all the riding was great on 71n , we'll be back next year for sure!

Old 10-08-2010, 07:14 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

I am marking my calendar for next year-missed this one, but won't miss it again!

Old 10-08-2010, 09:39 AM
Poacher13
Road Master

Originally Posted by hd_rolling
Being our first time, my buddy and i just walked Dixon st mostly. I look forward to checking out a little more next year. We spent the night camping at the American legion who also had a band inside that was very good.

The night before we arrived some crooks came into the camping area and made off with anything not secured, jackets, coolers, etc.. Pretty brave to come into a camping area with nothing but drunk bikers and take there beer! One poor guy had his brown leather davey crocket jacket taken, he was so upset he decided to leave as we were getting there and gave us all his beer tickets to get free beer at the gardens. We took off out saddle bags and kept them in the tent with us, didnt feel like taken any chances. Over all the riding was great on 71n , we'll be back next year for sure!
That sucks. I wish someone would
have caught them.

We stayed at the campground near
Baum Stadium. Buncha good people
there. We didn't have one problem.
Check them out next year.

Quick Reply: bikes,blues and BBQ,fayetteville AR,sept.2010