Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

SOAKED.. Land Between the Lakes Trip

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 06:39 AM
MR SLEEPY
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOAKED.. Land Between the Lakes Trip

As some of you know I got my first harley about three weeks ago,{2000 RoadKing Classic} and for the last week me and some friends planned a little ride thru Land Between the lakes, In Tennessee.
The day started out bad. I left my Swith on Acc Last week and when I tried to start the bike the battery was completly dead, I tried for about a hour to get it to charge with no luck. So I had to go and buy a new battery, We planned on meeting at one pm, and I finally got her fired up and rolling around two thirty, I had one friend that came all the way down from Ind to ride with us.
We took off and boy it was hot, We decided that we were goin to ride to Cadiz,Ky and Meet up with another friend and then head to the Trace in Land between the lakes.
I noticed as we rode down HGy 120 that there was a huge cloud formation that had formed then it started raining, So we all pulled off at a church and hung out under the tree, about twenty minutes passed and it stopped raining. So we took off and then it started pouring, So after alittle while we stopped again , and hoped that if would quit.. it didn't and after awhile we just said the heck with it and started the trip back to the house, it rained all the way back and at some times it rained so hard you could barely see the road.. SOAKED.
Next Month we are goin to try and get another run together and take a trip down the Natchez Trace park way all the way to Alabama then head back up the Prky and meet up at one of the Parks and have a Cook out, and sit around and shoot the bull.If some of you boy's want to join us leave me a PM we would be honored to have you with us.. I'm not sure of the Date.. I got to work that out with the Boy's next week, I should know by next weekend..Tom

Attached Thumbnails SOAKED.. Land Between the Lakes Trip-20100814_2.jpg  
Old 08-15-2010, 06:44 AM
lrays280z
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are days like that. That's just part of it. Hopefully, your next trip will work out.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:47 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,072 Likes on 3,637 Posts

Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:58 AM
jeffbarb17
Road Captain

It's part of the riding experience......you will tell that story to friend in the future. We have rode in snow, hail, pouring rain and this year, too close to a tornado in Nebraska...but they're all good stories and it's what make riding so much better than driving a car....

Old 08-15-2010, 07:02 AM
harleyflyboy
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

That just demonstrates that it's the journey not the destination.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:16 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts

With all of that bad stuff behind you..should be clear sailing from now on...Enjoy your scoot..

Old 08-20-2010, 10:05 PM
MR SLEEPY
Intermediate

We all decided we would put the trip down Natchez Trace on the side and wait till next spring when we all have vacation's built up. ..in the mean time we are goin to try and put another trip together and attempt the trip thru the Land Between the Lakes. { The Trace} We talked about getting together on the 11th.. But One of the guy's drives big trucks and he stay's out for several weeks at a time and We want everybody to be there.. We'll ride into the place then after riding for awhile we'll fire up the grill and burn a few burger's.. Hopefully the rain will stay away... I'll be sure and take pic's when it happens... Any of you all that lives close to Ft Campbell ky that wants to join us. we would be glad to have your company... it'll be fun.... Tom

Old 08-22-2010, 03:50 PM
molongneck
Intermediate

I rode the Natchez Trace Trail for Jackson, Ms to Natchez, Ms last month. I had a Red Tailed Hawk almost take me out!! It was close but we both got away from a collision. The posted speed limit on the Trail is 50 and it is enforced!! Just FYI. It was an awesome ride though. I'm planning on a ride to LBL sometime soon myself.