Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Germany bike rental advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 07:59 PM
KSievers
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Germany bike rental advice

I want to go to Berlin, rent a bike, and ride around Germany for a week or so with my wife. I currently ride an ST1300 which I like a lot. I am on their forum, and we all know everyone has opinions...

however, I am still intrigued with riding an HD, probably an Ultra, and feel this may be a great test ride.

looking for general "riding and renting in Germany" advice, etc...

while I read on the metric websites a certain amount of "HD's can't do (fill in the blank), on a recent 3,000 mile road trip to Yellowstone, through CO, NM, et al, and back to OK, 90% of the bikes I saw were HD's, and they did everything just fine; canyon carving, 2 up, you name it. So, I remain intrigued.

any help much appreciated -

cheers

Old 08-09-2010, 07:37 AM
88b
Tourer

Here you go HD Germany http://www.harley-davidson.com/de_DE...ages/home.html

and this page shows where to rent http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/C...bmLocale=de_DE

only problem is i can't find how to translate it to English. Didn't see a dealer in Berlin and you may well not ger direct flights to Berlin so look at where it's easiest to fly to and there is a dealer who rents. Your going to find Europe especially Germany expensive, if you want good scenery head for Austria Italy and Switzerland. Munich might be a good place to fly to.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:08 AM
DrmFox
Intermediate

I haven't done too much riding over toward Berlin. But I have done a little bit this year around Frankfurt, Tanus Mt., Rhine River and Mosel River areas. Which is Very Beautiful. I'm looking forward to Going down south and riding the Alps at the end of the month.