Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

planning a trip to montreal....

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 09:20 PM
nerogunn70
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default planning a trip to montreal....

I live in a small town in Connecticut.I am planning a small trip to montreal Canada. I have never been to cananda and wonder what advice anybody has.Is it motorcycle friendly,do you have to use canadian money,could you use a credit card.Do you need a passport?
thanks
nerogunn70

Old 07-05-2010, 09:38 PM
Great Gazoo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its a wonderful city with superb restaurants, great nightlife and some of the best looking ladies you'll ever see

You can get yourself some Canadian dollars for the smaller spends but all major credit cards are fine too!!

You'll encounter both French and English speaking people. If you're staying near downtown it'll be more English.

pm when you're planning to be here and maybe we can get together for a beer.

cheers

Old 07-05-2010, 09:51 PM
Silver Fox
Club Member
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts

We were in Quebec city in 08. They are clamping down somewhat on loud exhaust pipes. We were talking to an off duty officer and the gist of what she said is, if you were being sensible they would leave you alone. I think it was basically in the cities.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:22 AM
ceesfan
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rode from MA to Montreal last weekend. It is a motorcycle friendly city providing you ride responsibly. The folks at the Hilton were very accomodating to us parking wise...they offered to let us park in front o fthe hotel at the main entrance or share a spot in the garage. We opted for the garage which was more secure of an area.

You will need a passport to enter Canada in addition to your drivers license.

Money is not a problem. They will take your US cash and give back CAN in change. The exchange rate is 1.06 currently. Your best bet is to use your credit card which will give you your banks exchange rate for that day.

We had a great steak at a place called Vargas on Rue de University in Old Montreal. There is also a great cigar bar on Ste. Catherine street called 'Stogies' if your into that sort of thing. They have outdoor seating that is on the 2nd floor which provides a fantastic people watching spot.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:12 PM
oricko
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

People in rural Quebec seem very nice, But Montreal?