Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Texas to Kentucky!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 04:05 PM
Warrior Redleg
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Texas to Kentucky!

Woohoo! Get to ride back home! As i was plopped in the recliner yesterday the wife stolled past and told me that i had better plan what we were gunna do for the 4th of July. Well offhand i said hey we have 4 days off, we could ride back home (to me) to Kentucky and see my Dad. Her words, OK. So today, planned the trip to good ole Ky. Looking forward to riding the ole Western Ky roads again! Will have to ride through LBL, then over to Marion Ky and cross the Ferry to Cave-in-rock and Garden of the Gods. Be around a 1500 mile round trip (not counting the riding we will do while we are there), will be her longest trip on her own bike! Cant get here soon enough! We will get back on that Wednesday and that weekend we will be riding back up through Talihena and the pass for the 2nd time in a month! Then again through Mena, Ar on the 17th! Looking like a good month to me!

Old 06-09-2010, 09:52 PM
ss377
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TX to KY

Welcome home. We made the trip to the Garden of the Gods then ferry (first time on a bike on a ferry that wasn't connected to a cable) then home, around 400 miles. Hope you and your lady have a safe and enjoyable trip.

Old 06-10-2010, 12:13 AM
reojohn285
Stage IV

I have thought that You have wanted gone for long journey. It was such a long jurney like 400 miles. I wish that You will make your journey more enjoyable and find more place where you have never gone there.

Old 06-10-2010, 03:47 PM
ss377
Road Captain
Default TX to KY

reojohn, it was a day trip for me. I already live in KY. Redleg and his lady are going to ride to KY and it will be her longest ride. I admit I don't get to ride as much as some, I only get to put on 10-12,000 miles a year, my bike has only got 52,000 on it so far, almost broke in.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Warrior Redleg
Road Master

Just added another stop. On the way in were are going to ride on up to Lamberts in the Sikeston area and get some throwed rolls! Man i love that place! Dont know if i will be able to lift myself back on the bike after that! Hey ss377, they worked on WK Pkway any? or is it still full of craters?

Old 06-10-2010, 10:49 PM
ss377
Road Captain
Default TX to KY

Made the Lambert's run last year. Got the Ham XL and as hard as I tried couldn't finish it. Sorry no info on the Pkway. Haven't run it, always go back roads. Got me thinking, now I'm going to have to back to Sikeston.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:37 PM
shagnasty
Road Master

No work on the WK to my knowledge. Still has some kidney shakers on her. Take the wife down to grandrivers and eat at Patty's while your down around the lakes. Grandrivers has a harley shop(t-shirts). Nice little area. BTW, check out the new Harley Dealer in Paducah. Its called 4 rivers. Use to be Sill's when it was in town. welcome home!

Old 06-16-2010, 05:54 AM
Warrior Redleg
Road Master

Originally Posted by shagnasty
No work on the WK to my knowledge. Still has some kidney shakers on her. Take the wife down to grandrivers and eat at Patty's while your down around the lakes. Grandrivers has a harley shop(t-shirts). Nice little area. BTW, check out the new Harley Dealer in Paducah. Its called 4 rivers. Use to be Sill's when it was in town. welcome home!
I was a dishwasher at Patty's back in High School. I went to school in Lyon County!. My Dad actually tried to get his Ultra at 4 Rivers but they wouldnt deal with him, so he got it at Abernathys in Clarksville. Ive been to 4 Rivers though and it is a nice store. The Grandrivers store i didnt know about though? Where is it at in GrandRivers? I mean it is Grandrivers, it cant be to hard to find right? lol

Old 06-16-2010, 11:36 AM
Biggun-fxr
Advanced

The Grand Rivers store is just a block and a half from Pattys on the main road. It is owned by 4 Rivers in Paducah to catch the tourist going to Pattys. Mostly T-shirts and some doo-dads like shot glasses and jewelry. But the couple that runs it are fun to chat with.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:45 AM
Warrior Redleg
Road Master

Originally Posted by Biggun-fxr
The Grand Rivers store is just a block and a half from Pattys on the main road. It is owned by 4 Rivers in Paducah to catch the tourist going to Pattys. Mostly T-shirts and some doo-dads like shot glasses and jewelry. But the couple that runs it are fun to chat with.
Might just stop in! I will be splitting my staying between parents at Eddyville and Fredonia, so if you see a 2010 black W.G. and a denim black S.B. dont be afraid to say hello! Of course i will be stopping by to wet the whistle at Kuttawa.

Quick Reply: Texas to Kentucky!