Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Warning, Stay Out of Golden, Colorado

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 07:38 AM
Seascape
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by glideridemike
Seascape-so you are contradicting what the guy living in Colorado is saying?

He is referring to Golden Colorado specifically and quite often local ordinances are more restrictive than state.

You cite a partnership dated May 2008 and this is June 2010. A whole lot can happen in 2 years.

This new 'noise pollution' trend is fast growing and spreading nationwide. Some communities have enacted noise laws requiring motorcycles to meet noise levels equal to lawn equipment, some are requiring OEM exhausts. Some communities have done so causing great loss of monies to their local economy yet it continues to be a growing trend regardless. In many cases local laws are changing so fast its difficult for Leo's to keep up even while many do not agree.

I love loud exhausts, love hearing the roaring but I also realize there are others to consider, and the crowd wanting more quiet outnumber us by a large number. All the while the obnoxious rider who disregards this fact while aiming to get 'louder and louder only help accelerate this trend.
No mike I am not contradicting anybody. I found it rediculous they watch the cameras than run down and ticket so i looked up this town on the net. I simply C&P what i found on theyre site. I also found some of the wording kinda bizzare thats why I shared it.

I have 2 bikes. 1 is louder than half the other bikes i see ,, the other is not. Neither run stock pipes.

Last edited by Seascape; 06-09-2010 at 07:47 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:56 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

Sorry, must have mis read your post.

Personally I think its money thats dictating a lot of it. Big money being those voters having reached the age of 'wanting it quiet and not into cars or bikes', and jurisdictions wanting/needing addititional monies coming in to help with their belt tightening budgets.
What really irritates me the most is bikes being singled out. I recently sold a classic Z-28 I had. All built to the hilt and not very quiet. There are huge numbers of loud hotrods out there for example, so why not go after those noisemakers too? How about vehicles with boomboxes that make your windows rattle when the car drives by? Its BS, but eventually it'll get them too.

side note-I see you're in Dublin. North of 270 or in the circle of doom and gloom?....lol

Old 06-09-2010, 08:49 AM
flibuoy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Golden has had enough so we should respect that and ride elsewhere....politically easy law to enforce for a time. John

Old 06-09-2010, 02:14 PM
Seascape
Road Captain

Sorry, must have mis read your post.

side note-I see you're in Dublin. North of 270 or in the circle of doom and gloom?....lol
No biggie man.

Ya you are correct "circle of doom and gloom". Glad to know its not just me. I am moving to NC here in the next month or so. I actually went down this last weekend to start looking for a house. I was shocked how nice people are.I'm gonna have to work on my attitude or else I will be the ***** of town. Everybody happy and smiling was really differant than here. Black folk wave at you and say hi ! Around here black folk are uptight as hell.

Old 06-09-2010, 02:25 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member

There's a world of difference between people in Columbus and people even down here in Circleville. People here are all friendly, wave at you riding by, stop to help if you break down types.

My sister and bro in law recently moved to the Raleigh area of NC and even tho theres TON's of people there, they said people are a whole lot friendlier down there, but it seems there's no native North Carolinians....they're all transplants! lol You goin on our Meet n Greet ride of the 19th? You might as well....meetin at Coops Marathon in Thornville near Buckeye Lake and ending up down at JimBo's after cruisin up to Zanesville then over to Big Muskie's bucket. Should be a gas

Old 06-09-2010, 02:34 PM
paud
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I usta live near Raleigh. Place called APex. There are tons of transplants in CARY, NC. However there are lots of locals and they are friendly. BUT friendly and being a friend are different! LOL. I was a yankee and the locals really feel that a yankee is someone who comes to visit and a damnyankee is one who comes to live.
Having said all that...it IS much more friendlier than where I am!!!!

Old 06-09-2010, 02:39 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member

Now theres a town of transplants.....Vegas. Nice place to visit.....but I wouldn't want to live there. Get outta town tho and there are some beautiful sites. A few of my union brothers moved there a few years back when work was aplenty there. Guess there was lots of construction going on at the time. Always wondered if things were still hoppin out there.....maybe its time to do some travelin....

Old 06-09-2010, 05:26 PM
Harley_RN
Road Captain

This is all because of that episode on South Park...

Last edited by Harley_RN; 06-09-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:58 PM
pbsdaddy
Extreme HDF Member

Received 5,383 Likes on 2,487 Posts

I call this the "blanket theory" of problem solving. Instead of finding the ba__s to confront those that offend and deal with them directly, they throw out a blanket that covers and inconveniences everyone. This is becoming a typical type of political/managerial methodology. Must be something they teach in those political science/business management classes.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:58 PM
paud
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Now theres a town of transplants.....Vegas. Nice place to visit.....but I wouldn't want to live there. Get outta town tho and there are some beautiful sites. A few of my union brothers moved there a few years back when work was aplenty there. Guess there was lots of construction going on at the time. Always wondered if things were still hoppin out there.....maybe its time to do some travelin....
Like most places with high growth since 2000, we are in the dumps.
gambling is down, tourism is down, house prices down, ...my teacher association agreed to wage freezes for next year......so we are really feeling it.

Quick Reply: Warning, Stay Out of Golden, Colorado