Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Broke in the Girfriend...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 12:20 PM
kerrycorcoran
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broke in the Girfriend...

I guess that title can be a bit misleading.

This last winter I purchase an 07' Fatty with 16" apes. This last weekend the girlfriend and I had a few days off so we took the fatty out for it's first road trip. Loved it.

I have logged several thousand miles on my other bikes, but this was the first trip on a bike with apes. I was honestly shocked how comfortable the ride was. The apes are a bit tall for me, I'm 5' 10", but even with a slight stretch it was a great a ride.

As for hte girlfriend, this was the longest she had ever rode on a bike. I was impressed and she did quite well. The ride itself was just at 650 miles (round trip), but seeing it was her first trip she was a trooper!!

The desitination was nothing exciting, just rode from Lincoln, NE to Columbia, MO. She'll get her road wings here a month or two when we ride to Sturgis. The good news about Sturgis is her Aunt/Uncle live there...really hoping for some free room/board!

Old 06-03-2010, 12:45 PM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,407 Likes on 1,593 Posts

Well at least the title got me to open this thread.... lol

A woman that will ride and not bitch the entire time is a keeper.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:50 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

damn it i was expecting something a little more NSFW LOL good job though LOL

Old 06-03-2010, 07:39 PM
deepsea
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, thats false advertising! The longest trip so far with the wife was about 240 miles in a day. She was bitching the last half. Need a cool girlfriend.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:32 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default high mileage broads

62 years old and my wife can still hang in for 600 mile days...with no complaining--that is why i have kept her for 40 yeqrs

Old 06-04-2010, 08:31 AM
TomN
4th Gear
Default Long Rides Have Benefits

Recently rode a 300 mile day, with my wife on the back of the Softail Custom. When we got home, she said, "maybe you need a Touring Bike". Yeah, maybe I do...? So, a week later I've got an Electra Glide in the garage along with the Softail. These things can work out to your best advantage!

Old 06-05-2010, 10:12 AM
KJOGlide
Cruiser
Received 109 Likes on 41 Posts

Great story man. Keep her riding. Either on the back, or maybe even on her own. Some of my best memories with my wife are from rides we;ve been on.

Old 06-05-2010, 05:45 PM
kerrycorcoran
Tourer

I will be honest, I never thought I would ride a tour bike - which is crazy given I only ride long trips usually. I haven't rode locally for years. On the way home we stopped by a Harley shop and the girlfriend really liked the looks [of the passenger seats] full dressers. Maybe something in the future I guess.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:15 AM
KJOGlide
Cruiser
Received 109 Likes on 41 Posts

When I was preparing to move to FL, I had a Wide Glide. While looking for a job here I rented a dresser, and the rest in history. Once she rode on the back of that, there was no turning back.

Originally Posted by kerrycorcoran
I will be honest, I never thought I would ride a tour bike - which is crazy given I only ride long trips usually. I haven't rode locally for years. On the way home we stopped by a Harley shop and the girlfriend really liked the looks [of the passenger seats] full dressers. Maybe something in the future I guess.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:34 PM
mp
Stellar HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by kerrycorcoran
The good news about Sturgis is her Aunt/Uncle live there...really hoping for some free room/board!
Do you mind if your girlfriend is my girlfriend, too?

Quick Reply: Broke in the Girfriend...