Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Oklahoma to Ill,WI,MI,

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 06:14 PM
scottysspeedshop
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oklahoma to Ill,WI,MI,

My wife and I are leaving 6-1 for a rt through these states.Besides HD in WI,is their any other have to sees along the Lake?

Old 05-28-2010, 08:45 PM
riskmanager
Cruiser
Default nice trip you have ahead

Take Lake Shore Drive along the lake in Chicago. follow it to Sheridan road and take that up to Evanston. Northwestern University is on the lake there. Stay on Sheridan road and see the Bahai Temple. Considered a wonder of the modern world. Go in for a look. Stay on Sheridan and go through the Ravines in Winnetka, expensive real estate. At Lake Cook Road go west a bit to Green Bay Road. Take that all the way up into Wisconsin. About 6 miles north of the border go west on Highway 50 Go over the expressway and on your right will be the Brat Stop. So stop and have a couple
I would then take the expressway North to the Harely museum.

Milwaukee: have Chilie at real chili

Old 05-30-2010, 11:10 PM
Harley_RN
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All kinds of places to see along the Lakeshore ? What are your interests ?
I live about 40 mins north of Milw right along the lakeshore. Can point you to whatever you like to do.

Old 05-31-2010, 04:51 PM
flhxkiller
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

you heading to upper or lower michigan from milwaukee? You could take the ferry across lake michigan to Muskegon and ride north to mackinaw city and back west thru the upper peninsula towards home and miss that mess at the southern end of lake michigan. Lot's of nice roads going that way..

Old 05-31-2010, 06:39 PM
scottysspeedshop
Advanced

Thanks guys we are going to stay in Harvard ILL for a couple of days to vist family.I am going to go to Milwakee on Thur to to the HD tour etc,then go to Road America on Sat. for the AMA races.I think we will do a day trip on friday maybe hook up with some cheese heads for a cold one.I have spent some time around the area but not on my bike.We kind of planed on going to th U.P of Mich.but no till the fallowing week.We are taking 3 weeks so are in no big hurry.I will be checking this post on my Iphone so if anyone wants to meet up give me a shout out. By the way thay are dabuing the new 1200 sportster claas this weekend that should be cool.My buddy Danny Eslisk the ranning AMA sport bike class champion will be riding in that race and the sport bike class.If you dont fallow MC racing Danny won the championship last year riding a Buell.Harleys first and probly last Road race championship.

Last edited by scottysspeedshop; 05-31-2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:45 PM
citytrucker26
Road Master

If your in Harvard, Poopys isnt too far from there. Its in savanna. Check them out @ poopys.com. Its off 64 and viaduct rd. Rode there last fall. its a nice ride up to Galena from savanna. If looking for a place to stay, check out L&M motel. Its cheap and themed rooms for like 65 a night... not too bad. Hospitality exceeds every other motel I have been to. We were offered a beer on check in and Lois and Gary are some nice people who own it. check it out google L and M motel.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:29 PM
Harley_RN
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scottysspeedshop
Thanks guys we are going to stay in Harvard ILL for a couple of days to vist family.I am going to go to Milwakee on Thur to to the HD tour etc,then go to Road America on Sat. for the AMA races.I think we will do a day trip on friday maybe hook up with some cheese heads for a cold one.I have spent some time around the area but not on my bike.We kind of planed on going to th U.P of Mich.but no till the fallowing week.We are taking 3 weeks so are in no big hurry.I will be checking this post on my Iphone so if anyone wants to meet up give me a shout out. By the way thay are dabuing the new 1200 sportster claas this weekend that should be cool.My buddy Danny Eslisk the ranning AMA sport bike class champion will be riding in that race and the sport bike class.If you dont fallow MC racing Danny won the championship last year riding a Buell.Harleys first and probly last Road race championship.

I live about 20 mins from Road America.....have to check and see but I don't think anything is going on this weekend.

Last edited by Harley_RN; 01-07-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:48 AM
riskmanager
Cruiser
Default nice area

Hello again
Harvard is a nice little town. There is a coffee shop/ice cream shop that I stop at all the time
Suggestions: Take 14 north into wisconsin and go visit Lake Geneva. This is a fun little resort town with some good food. There are some resorts there for fine dining. A spa if there is a lady with you at Grand Geneva.
Another nice ride is take 173 east. Go to Wilmot Road (the intersection has a flashing light with a large gas station on the SW corner.) Take Wilmot road north. It will curve to the east and you will have some fun riding. You will go through the small quant "downtown" of Liberty Corners. Continue on to 45 and go north. You will go through Brisol where there is the Bristol Diner on your right. Or go up to 50 and take a right and go to the Brat Stop . You can get on 94 there or go back to 45 and take that and go through Union Grove. But probably get on 94
You can also take 173 to 45 and go North.

(picture taken at intersection of 173 and Wilmot)

Attached Thumbnails Oklahoma to Ill,WI,MI,-day-of-09-s-last-ride.jpg  
Old 06-03-2010, 12:24 PM
scottysspeedshop
Advanced

Thanks for the info guys.I am in Woodstock know having a oil cooler installs

Old 06-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Wild Grover
Cruiser

Head on up to Copper Harbor if going to UP. Once you cross the bridge @ Houghton/Hancock head over to Gay, stop for a cold one at the Gay bar, then head up along the lake shore to Copper Harbor. Take the road up to Brockway Mountain and down along the shore on the west side. Great riding up that way. You didn't say how far you were riding into Michigan, but could suggest some other areas if you were.

Quick Reply: Oklahoma to Ill,WI,MI,