Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Toolin Around South Park Colorado

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 10:51 AM
DThrash
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the map/link to Guffey.Myself and six or seven other guys from work are taking our first long road trip out there in July.We won't get there until after the 4th though.We'll be staying in the Gunnison,Crested Butte area and plan on taking day trips out in different areas.I'll have four days to spend there before heading home.The only down side to this trip, if you could call it that, is that Im the only one riding a Harley.The rest are on a mixture of Yamaha , suzuki, KTM ,ect. sport bikes.Gonna be interesting to say the least!

Old 05-26-2010, 11:08 AM
TheBlackBastard
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice photos! I can't wait to get back to Colorado in August!!

Old 05-26-2010, 12:33 PM
sfarson
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DThrash
Thanks for the map/link to Guffey.Myself and six or seven other guys from work are taking our first long road trip out there in July.We won't get there until after the 4th though.We'll be staying in the Gunnison,Crested Butte area and plan on taking day trips out in different areas.I'll have four days to spend there before heading home.The only down side to this trip, if you could call it that, is that Im the only one riding a Harley.The rest are on a mixture of Yamaha , suzuki, KTM ,ect. sport bikes.Gonna be interesting to say the least!
DThrash... Gunnison is a great place to base camp at for Colorado Rocky Mountain day rides. I just finished a book on motorcycling Colorado (Will be a Amazon, dealers, etc. in the autumn), and I call out Gunnison as one of three base camp locations. Be sure to ride CO 149 (The Silver Thread Scenic Byway) south of Gunny, and return via CO 114. You must ride along the north rim of the Black Canyon of the Gunnison (CO 92), then CO 133 north over McClure Pass to Carbondale, then CO 82 through Aspen, over Independence Pass to U.S. 24, then to U.S. 50 and back to Gunny. See, here's two day trips already! Then, go west and south for the Million Dollar Highway/San Juan Skyway for another day. Last, head west on 50 to Whitewater south of Grand Junction and ride CO 141 through Gateway, to Telluride, then back. And there's more! Have a great trip.