Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Door County WI.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 06:07 PM
woosh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Door County WI.

Planning on taking a trip to Door County in Augest. I need some sugestions on good hotels and resorts to stay at.

Old 05-09-2010, 06:22 PM
Captain Bligh
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Couldn't tell ya. When I rode through there last July it rained so much I couldn't see a thing. All that I remember about where I stayed was that I was so happy to be some place dry. Hope your trip there is better.

Old 05-09-2010, 06:48 PM
High Gear
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most of the times I've been there I camped at Peninsula state park( which BTW should be

reserved months in advance) but I have moteled it a couple/three times.

Here's one place that has nice views of Eagle Harbor on the green bay side in Ephraim

http://www.pinegrovedoorcounty.com/

In Fish Creek close to the Peninsula State Park entrance and walking distance to

shops/restaurants in Fish Creek there is.

http://www.homesteadsuites.com/

Old 05-10-2010, 07:16 AM
riskmanager
Cruiser
Default Door County

There are some nice condos that rent in Sister Bay. Some of the hotel/motels are really just small cabin type places. I prefer a bit more, but that is just me. In Door County, there are some great "supper clubs" for great food. The Mt. Greenwood Supper Club is in the middle of the peninsula and is great. Also, the Sister Bay Bowl has great food. (Not kidding)

Attached Thumbnails Door County WI.-day-of-09-s-last-ride.jpg  
Old 05-10-2010, 01:07 PM
rh8234
Elite HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

Are you going with your wife? If so, plan on being bored to death while she wanders thru the thousands of shops full of pottery and other silly crap. You can sit in the parking lot and puff on a cigar while she is shopping. When I went, I think I smoked about 400 cigars waiting outside all them tourist shops. If you are going alone, there are some nice roads to wander around on. Kinda perty up there, but avoid all them stupid shops.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:37 PM
bagga
Elite HDF Member
Received 603 Likes on 352 Posts

i think the door peninsula averages about 12 miles across going east and west. in some spots it's less than that. the good roads are along the lake on the east and the bay on the west.

Old 05-10-2010, 06:10 PM
joe mayo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rh8234
Are you going with your wife? If so, plan on being bored to death while she wanders thru the thousands of shops full of pottery and other silly crap. You can sit in the parking lot and puff on a cigar while she is shopping. When I went, I think I smoked about 400 cigars waiting outside all them tourist shops. If you are going alone, there are some nice roads to wander around on. Kinda perty up there, but avoid all them stupid shops.
Yeah, the shopping, OH the shopping. The only good this is, unless she ships it home, you don't have room for it. Its crowded as hell there, but a lot of times there is a band playing outside at one of the festivals, thab its worth stopping. Plenty of beer, music and the scenery is fantastic. Be sure to go all the way to the tip, enjoy.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:30 PM
bagga
Elite HDF Member
Received 603 Likes on 352 Posts

http://www.whitegullinn.com/fishboil.html

we go here once a year for their fish boil. it is a true dining experience.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:17 AM
TorturedZen
Advanced

Originally Posted by rh8234
This cracks me up! LOL....definitely words of wisdom.