Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Trip to Land Between The Lakes Ky

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Solo Rider
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trip to Land Between The Lakes Ky

Im leaving from Georgia and headed to Land between the lakes Ky. Has anyone been there before? If so what are some things to see or do while we are there?

Old 05-04-2010, 07:13 PM
BillyJoeBob
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

As we speak, it's heavy flooded. In and around LBL.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Scudder
Novice

Around the dam/locks there are some places to eat and Kentucky Dam Resort. You aren't far from Paducah KY. The land between the lakes is all federal property and there isn't much but it is a cool ride and there is some cool riding all around the lakes. Take 80 to the west if you are going to Paducah. It is a nice two lane with lots of scenery. Take your time and watch for deer on the Trace. Get a KY map and hit some two lane roads. Scudder

Old 05-04-2010, 10:30 PM
monzaman
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My friends and I make the LBL trace ride frequently as we live less than an hour away. Plenty to see and do to kill a day. If you are into nature and animals you will enjoy. Also a nice civil war park less than 2 miles from the south end of the trace in dover tn. Don't miss that if you are a history buff. If you are looking for more than one days worth of riding I'd think you would want to venture over to paducah, ky. Check out the downtown riverfront district. Lots to see and do there. Great places to eat. Keep in mind when your in the paducah area you are less than an hour away from the garden of the gods up in illinois. Great ride and you get to take a ferry ride too. If I can help you with any details feel free to private message me!

Old 05-05-2010, 02:12 PM
rodehard
Intermediate

Check on the flooding first. A town called Grand Rivers is on the north end of LBL. Check out the restaurant Patti's Settlement. Ignore the touristy stuff and bite into their 2" porkchop. Good food.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:40 AM
further_on
4th Gear

I agree with rodehard, you can't miss the pork chops at patti's. Also if you do make it over into S. Illinois to do some riding you might want to check out a local establishment in Old Shawneetown called Hogdaddies.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Warrior Redleg
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by further_on
I agree with rodehard, you can't miss the pork chops at patti's. Also if you do make it over into S. Illinois to do some riding you might want to check out a local establishment in Old Shawneetown called Hogdaddies.
+1. Was a dishwasher for Pattis back in High School. Great food! Also, just a few miles down the road in Draffenville is one of the best frest catfish resturaunts you will ever find anywhere! Im from about 12 miles away from Grand Rivers in Eddyville. Love to ride the lakes area. Like one said, grab a map. Its Gods country for sure, there are some great roads and better scenery. Can you tell I miss it? Been in Texas for over 3 years now and ride back their every year to see the familia.