Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Mississippi Delta

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 07:05 AM
krountre
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mississippi Delta

Thinking about making a trip next week from South Georgia over to the Mississippi Delta around Greenville. Any recommendations while we're out that way? We may ride the northern end of the Natchez Trace before heading home.

Old 04-29-2010, 03:45 PM
paguy
Road Captain

I took a ride from B'Ham, Ala. through the Delta many years ago. What I remember most to this day was crossing the Mississippi at night and the Delta under the stars.
If you haven't gone this way before you will feel and smell the river a long time before you see it. Have a good ride, Bro.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:11 PM
BigAlsRK
Road Master

Lots of Blues history around there (if you're into that)....Robert Johnson's gravesites (3) are around Greenwood/Moran City...take a trip up to Clarksdale.....Ground Zero Blues Club is great (owned by Morgan Freeman)...it's worth the ride....Club Ebony in Indionola has some great blues and a bit of BB King history.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:06 PM
b dukes
4th Gear

I live about a hundred miles north of you. Last week we went down 319 to 98 and then ran it all the way to Mobile. It was a great ride. We seemed to miss all the bad weather. You run the coast line close enough to see the gulf 80% of the time. Might consider that for part of the way.

Old 04-30-2010, 06:55 AM
krountre
Cruiser

98 is a great road in the panhandle of Florida. My sister has a house at St. George Island and I go that way often. We may come home on a southern route and ride part of 98. Of course if we went out that way I could stop in Apalachicola and pay the speeding ticket (54 in a 45) that I got on the Ochlockonee Bay Bridge earlier this month. LOL

Ground Zero Blues Club will definitely make our list of stops. Looks like we could hit it for lunch on the second day.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:10 AM
BigAlsRK
Road Master

Originally Posted by krountre
98 is a great road in the panhandle of Florida. My sister has a house at St. George Island and I go that way often. We may come home on a southern route and ride part of 98. Of course if we went out that way I could stop in Apalachicola and pay the speeding ticket (54 in a 45) that I got on the Ochlockonee Bay Bridge earlier this month. LOL

Ground Zero Blues Club will definitely make our list of stops. Looks like we could hit it for lunch on the second day.
If you happen to be there on a Sunday...the Blues Brunch is great....good food and live blues.

Old 04-30-2010, 04:44 PM
krountre
Cruiser

We're going through the week. This weekend is my riding buddy's anniversary and the next weekend is my birthday and Mother's Day, so we're just squeezing one in between the two.

We may turn north and ride up through Arkansas, Missouri, Illinois and Kentucky to make a wide loop back home instead of taking the coast route back. Don't want to get crude oil the Road King. Besides this map needs some more color.